GTD build manual on Ebay

Dave - Don't hold back, say what you REALLY thought about the manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
I shredded mine in disgust. It was a total load of S--T.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess your $80 won't be forthcoming then, Dave!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I try to maintain some sort of standards and this 'build manual' from GTD failed miserably. It was just so bad and it was totally incredible that Simon Osborne ( who worked at GTD at the time ) thought it indispensible for anybody contemplating building a GTD. But then he was a salesman.
I actually threw quite a bit in the bin when I stripped my car again. I NEVER THOUGHT ANYBODY WOULD EVER WANT IT. Any way my machine is nearly finished and thats all in the past.
Dave M

I found the manual helpful, especially for establishing a sequence for building. However the most helpful were the notes from one of the old GTD builders who worked at the factory back in 1989/90. My first one was built without a manual and I found it easier with than without.

Pedro

Supporter
I am not building a GTD or any replica by that matter that is why I am selling all the bits that I have accumulated to date including the manual, it is nice to see that it was not of great help to some but it was helpful to others; Happy Gt40ing to all.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I pretty much agree with Bud on this one. If you are alone with your car in boxes then anything is a help. If it is your first car then it is REALLY helpful. What is much better is a completed car nearby that you can drop over and look at from time to time. Thanks again Bud.

I second that,,,I stole so many Ideas from him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back