Gtd Suspension Upgrade

Hi everyone ,thinking of upgrading my suspesion on my gtd. At the moment my suspenson setup is the standard spax shockers ,not sure it has been fitted correctly as the front springs feel harder than the rears,would anybody have any info i.e product and part numbers to replace the existing set up,with maybe a bit more adjustment on the ride height. thanks vincent.

Vincent,

All the GTD suspension is 'very' upgradeable, do you want to change just the dampers or the wishbones/uprights etc??

There are many different options & a zillion opinions on the best way forward!!

Regds,

Malcolm

Supporter
A good upgrade to coinsider is to go to Koni twin adjustable dampers and Eibach rising rate springs. This is a great road/track day set up and works even better if you have adjustable anti roll bars. Howevr before you can get the best advice you need to say what you plan to use the car mainly as ie road/track/race. And as always budget will come into it! Do you get knock back on your front brakes caused by spindle flex? If so you should concentrate on this first = upright and bearing change.

Where are you in the UK?

Mike Pass

Supporter
Have a chat with Mick Sollis at Southern GT. He has new parts for GTD fromt and rear suspension based on MK3 Scorpio (parts rather than original Granada Mk2). These should give better front geometry and less unsprung weight F and R and oportunity for brake upgrade.
Cheers
Mike

Back