Head banger

Hay guys i need moor help, I Need pitcher of the shape at the top of the door and your opinion on how it could be improved, for better entry and exit. Thanks in advance

My opinion is that it can't be improved upon. The ideal situation would be to have the leading edge of the door further forward but you can't go any further forward than the windscreen. As for the shape at the back, it is designed so that it clears the bodywork as the door closes so you really can't change that shape significantly without compromising that requirement.

You could always change the way the door opens and then that would open up all sorts of possibilities but of coarse if you did that, we would have to burn you at the stake for performing acts of heresy
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Get the brikets and the charcoal lighter fluid. This car is 17" longer than Fords new GT. We are not trying to copy the GT exactly we are, how ever making a true super car in the modern since of the word. It will have the same foot print as the saleen S7 and the Enzo It will look like a GT40 as much as possible. Input from this form will Input from this form will influence the over all out come of the shape of this car. Five chassis are made and being rigged at this time. Molds are being done now.

I need input. pitchers and you honest opinion of your door shape and how it can be improved. We are at that part of the car now. What do you think is the best thing to do. We already herd burn the hole thing and soot Avery one involved

If you are building a car from scratch, then why model it on the GT40. If you like the GT40, then build a GT40. Ford tried to improve on the original lines and failed miserably. Finally they just tweaked the edges to come up with the Ford GT that you see today.
Mind you, I think that the McLaren F1 is a modern interpretation on the GT40 lines. That’s about as good as you could get it without it actually being a GT40. Just my opinion.

Ron Earp

Admin
Chris, I'd have to second your opinion, except that part about the McLaren as I've never liked the lines. If you want a Ford GT40, then make a Ford GT40. The new Ford GT sort of fails at that, but it is about the best that could be done so the car would accomidate all types and sizes of people.

I've got a feeling that if you make this car larger, taller, longer, and bigger than a GT40 it is going to look odd and most will be put off by the shape. Just my 0.02 cents though and not even worth that.

I think the GT40 has gone to the point of being a style. If you look at all the cars that have taken cues from it and the cars that it was taken from. It is a High water mark. But I have owned several kits and have ben around originals. They are very cool. But there is all ways room for improvement. When I started this project I wonted a car whit the look of the old and the performance and comfort of the new. and I did not wont to just copy other peoples work There are plenty of clones out there and they serve there purpose. To Me it is no fun to try to copy something and not Try to do it better, or put my own signature on it. I always try to get input from experts and people in the know that is way I am here. I am not here to sale I am here for fun and to learn. My production is sold for the next two years. I do not need moor work. I have some good customers that let me play. I like people who are proud of the cars and the work they have done and I like seeing it, and I like showing off my stuff as well.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Imagination is a gift most people have, but having the balls to turn your dreams into reality is what I think life is all about.
Good on you Bill for taking the hard road and I wish you all the best.

Bill.

I would like to think, I was the guy that had those balls, But that is just not true. I was talking to one of my customers about a larger GT and the changes I would make if I had the balls and the money. He is 6'5" and 310 pounds and will not fit in the new GT. The next thing I know I have five guys in the shop for a meeting. Telling me what options they would like. You got to be careful what you say. There just may be a niche weighting to get you.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Speaking of "balls"

Do you know the difference between 'guts' and 'balls'?

Guts - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

Balls - is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say, "You're next."

Thanks Ian, and Tim If you new my wife you would know it would take moor than balls, She can make Lorraine Bobbit look like an under achiever. I am looking for moor of the old school look I don't wont to copy the new GT I wont to put moor of the old school into the shape but better function,

Back