Help GT40 Gear Linkage

Hello all,

Have a GTD with a ford 302 and a Renault 21 Gearbox and was wondering if anyone makes a kit for a solid gear linkage set or if anyone has posted or could post pics of there's.

failing that can anyone give me some setup instructions for the cable disastorus system.

Alex
:huh:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Alex

Frank Catt (Wealdon Engineering) or Brian Magee have made and fitted numerous rod gear changes for GTD / Ford / UN1 combinations

I'd suggest sending pm's to both

Ian

Malcolm

Supporter
Strongly recommend you try Mick Sollis at Southern GT. He has a very good solid rod system that will fit and is good value for money. I have had GTD cables, Franks design and Southern GT's design on my car over 20 odd years. All will shift your gears, some do it better than others.

If you are to keep your cable system, are the end links rose joints? That makes a big improvement. Also heat shield it under the exhaust.

WOW

Wow thanks Guy's

Nice to know there is answers out there, Having the car since 2004 I am now wondering why I just didn't come here in the begining

I have manged to sort out a rod system now thanks all,

Alex

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Alex,
We have a North West group of the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. We meet on the first Wednesday of the month at the Dog Inn in Over Peover (Accommodation Knutsford / Treasure Hunt / Party Room Knutsford / Country Beer Festival)
You are welcome to join us anytime. The club will also have a stand at the Cholmondely Pageant of Power this weekend (Sat and Sun).
We have a wide range of cars in our area inc. GTDs and several car builders in the group.
Cheers
Mike

Back