Hi - I am back working on my RF & update

I thought I would say hi and let you all know I am back working on my RF. I have been off working at a new job - one of my clients decided that my firm was better suited to be full time for them - so as they say in the Godfater "they made an offer I could not refuse". BUT long hours (and I thought owning an engineering firm took long hours) and lots of miles latter I am beginning to catch up.

So now back to the RF40 - my son (and partner) wants to finish so he has something "fun" to drive. By the way he is off to Univisity of South Carolina next fall to study automotive engineering - he has it all mapped out, takes a total of seven years (two overseas) and Dad can pay for it (Mom wants a lake house outside Columbia so she can be near her "baby". Not much progress from when Robert and Jim fit the body. I do have the electric about 95% complete, Gordon says the engine is to be done within a week and transaxel is near ready (thinking hard about Robert's six speed). Bill Tuttley introduced me to a fine painter, so hopfully it won't be long.

Nice to be back - I have lots to catch up on.

PS I will post pictures soon.

Jay,
It's good that you're back! I can't wait to meet you and your family. I am very anxious to see your RF. It seems that many RF owners have been too busy to complete their project. I'm sure that a bunch of the RF's are going to hit the road these next few months.
I should be at Carlisle next year and I hope to see you and Bill Tuttle there.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully it won't rain and be cold like this year.

Thanks for the stuff - the wheel is great!

Welcome back into the fold, Jay. I also have been insanely busy at work and have made little progress on my RF over the last few weeks. I am, however, ready to fit the Gulf flares (that you so kindly shipped to me) this weekend as I have my new wheels and can actually call this thing a roller now.

Going forward, I'm going to simply budget 12 hours a week on my RF...any more will be gravy. Hope we are both on the road next year!

Ron Earp

Admin
Glad you are back on it Jay! My heavy travel season (Aug-Nov) is coming to a close and I'm getting back on mine too. Took two weekends to clean the [censored] hole the garage became eariler in the year but I'm just about ready to get back to it again. It has taken longer than I thought, but my job is demanding and I generally let family life take over the car project when given the choice. I'll post some pics of progress soon, Best, Ron

Back