I definitely WON'T be getting a Ford GT now

I definitely WON\'T be getting a Ford GT now

I figure with this news, prices will plummet fast. Too bad Ford rushed a well engineered car to market too fast. I'm no mechanic, but from what I gather from the article, this is a 'cheap' fix.

Those greedy dealers should have got their 'extra profit' while they had the chance.

http://autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101899

Re: I definitely WON\'T be getting a Ford GT now

Doesn't look like a big deal to me. All Fords leak. They're just keeping with tradition /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

David

Lifetime Supporter

Jon

Not a problem on the new ones. So, you can still get yours

thorin

I'll still pine for one, at least until the press release announcing that they're using JB Weld on them.

Maybe my initial comments were hot-headed. I have really wanted a Ford GT very badly since it was at the Detroit Auto show in 02. With the dealers gouging and the recall, it has soured my view of the car somewhat. I likely will go the replica route instead and save some $ in the process.

Replicas look better anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on that. Especially with the gulf flares.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Jon, Nice though the new GT is, it IS'NT a GT40. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one, but it would satisfy a totally different part of my brain. It's like the difference between a classic racing Ferrari and a new 612. Not the same attraction at all. Stick to the classic. More style, less crap from people who just KNOW you paid 100K over list. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on that. Especially with the gulf flares.

[/ QUOTE ]

HELL YEA, nothing can beat an original or replica!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The new Ford GT looks good overall. BUT, put it beside an original or replica; this new GT is almost too big. The GT is a lot easier to get into however.

the article said they did the recall after 448 were produced. Am i wrong in thinking they were only going to produce 450 of these "Ford GT" this year? I would not know how to act if i did not have a Ford leaking oil from the rear main seal in the driveway. I would think there was something wrong with the motor.

That's why Ford bought Jaguar. They wanted to keep oil leaks in the family. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Regards

Actually we use speedi sleeve's or similar on all our engines (although they are medium size diesels about the 1200 to 1800 hp range) it saves the crank or any shaft from the seal wearing a groove in it.
No big issue. That said I would rather a replica over a new one' not that I can afford a new one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Yes, well, oil leaks are a tradition with British vehicles- the party line on Triumph bikes was that when it stopped leaking oil, you didn't have any left in the engine. And we all know the GT40 started life as a British vehicle.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, actually, I have to say that my Brit bikes don't leak oil. However, the Norton isn't here yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always figured the oil leaks in my XKE were a neat feature the factory used to keep the undercarriage from rusting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

I always thought the oil leaking from my Triumph T'Bird onto the rear wheel was a factory ploy to teach Triumph riders bike control. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 54274-tri2.jpg
    54274-tri2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 326
Back