I did not make this up.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Whatever you do don't vote for the greens, they plan to bring the country to a halt!

Brisbane Police reported finding a man's body floating in the Brisbane River, near the Story Bridge. The man's name will not be released until his family has been notified.
The victim apparently drowned due to excess beer consumption, combined with a drug overdose.
He was wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, a pink G-string, a strap-on dildo, purple lipstick, and a “Gillard for PM in 2010” t-shirt. He also had a cucumber in his rectum.
Police removed the Gillard t-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary embarrassment.

Pete, short answer - (this is me being non-political on the forum... :shrug: :))

Although I consider myself relatively green, I do to some extent agree with you.
However, I think that many people will be voting green because they no longer feel that either of the major parties represent them (to say the least). The Greens are not going to win government but a vote for them will serve to weaken the other two and perhaps shake them hard enough to catalyse change.

I know you are anti-labour Pete' so I won't waste my time going into my reasons for not voting that way. Quite involved anyway.
I will say that Rudd was a disaster for the Labour party but it needs to be remembered that labour talent had all but gone at the time he was "selected". At the last election (IMO) people simply wanted to get rid of Howard, Ruddock etc, no-one really cared who the alternative was.
Gillard has a better chance at this election IMO.

Liberal: Abbott hero worships Howard and seems hell bent on "restoring" "Howards Way". That would be a tragedy in my opinion. Remarkable that he pushes so hard in that direction given how solidly the Australian public kicked Howard and his cronies out.
They were despicable IMO.
They need to discard the Pines, Abetzs etc and move on.
I repeat that I think Malcolm Turnbull would have walked this election in.
You may remember my "vote the incumbents out" strategy - I would very probably have voted for Turnbull. I simply cannot do so for Howard 2.

Pity the Democrats self-destructed.

Imagine how different things would be if we all lived in marginal seats... Or is that too cynical...

Tim.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not Cynical at all mate, largely I agree with you. One thing the Howard government was good at is managing the economy. If it wasn't for the huge surplus Rudd inherited from the Howard Government we would not have survived the GFC nearly as well.

Regarding the greens, read this, this is why you should not let them have the balance of power.

Greens' high tax ambitions | The Australian

Back