I need Help!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
After over 6k miles my spf gt40 has started to blow air cond. fuses. The one that keeps blowing is the 7.5 amp.

As I said, it first blew after 6k miles, I replaced it and it was ok for a week, but now it blows almost immediatly.

Does anyone have any thoughts?:shifty:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jim did you switch the relays? The relays look the same but are different. You have a late model car, it should have had the retrofit from SPF for the blowers and the AC fuel pump fuse problem, but you might want to check. What number is the fuse from left to right?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jack,

Thanks for the reply, I hate to sound stupid but the shoe apparently fits just fine.

What is a relay switch and how would I find them and make the switch?

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jim, the relays are the black boxes above the fuses under the panel on the passenger side of the car. If you have only replaced the fuse then I think your going to be OK on the relays. Some people have unplugged them and put them back in thinking they are all the same but they are not thus switching them. This causes the big 40 amp fuse to blow and problems with the AC unit. I just arrived at our second home here in NorCal. If your not to far away, I would be happy to help. I will be here for a couple weeks.

Jack

Back