I think these Jackets are cool..............

I thought I would post a link here for you guys incase you haven't ever seen them.

I know this is my first post. Well it isnt really, I lost my old ID when the HD crashed so I re joined under my full name.

Anyway, I am not affiliated with the people that make these jackets in any way. The other BBS that I belong to (Pelican) where I get my 911 technical questions answered, came up with a group by for forum members, with a MAJOR discount infact, so I had to have one.

I just thought at least a couple of you guys must have watched Mr. McQueen in 'LeMans'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif and may want one too.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.dakota-industry.com/index-main.htm

Oh yes, I almost forgot to say, thanks for a great site. I don't have a 40 yet, but have been dreaming (planning) one for three years so far. This site has proved to be very helpful. I'll try to use the search button, don't worry!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif LOL

Attachments

• 55306-ogp-beige.jpg
    55306-ogp-beige.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 374

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
That's the exact jacket I don't remember purchasing after a liquor filled day at the Australian Grand Prix this year.
It obviously appealed to my drunken self - and still looks good in the cold, "sober" light of day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards

Bill.

I thought $295 AUS for the leather jacket at the GP was a bit exy, until i saw the prices on the web site! You got a good deal Bill. Though you might not have known it at the time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
As I didn't remember what I paid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif at the time, I later checked my receipts and found I had paid $198 AUD for it, although it isn't the leather version. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.

Glad you guys like them.

One of the guys on the pelican BBS organised a group buy and the discount was 50% off the web price. Therefore, with the strong pound to dollar, my jacket sost me £55 inc shipping. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

THAT IS AN AWESOME JACKET, I LOVE IT!!!, i sooo wish i had the money, but i guess thats what you get for being 15 and having no job :p

Enjoy your youth! The jacket will come in time. I used to cuss the old white hair men in their Corvettes when I was your age. Now I have become one of them. I own a 66 Shelby Cobra, a 68 GT40, a 90 Mustang Vert, and a 3/4 ton Chebby truck to tow these to distant car shows. Your "jackets" will come in time, but I have to warn you , you will be a certified Barry Maguir "car NUT". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, I was caught too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I bought the travel bag Gulf/Firestone/Heuer at the Carnaby store and 2 days later it was in my post.
Fred

Tim and Bill - could you please tell me the name of the company selling the jackets in Australia? Thanks !

Craig

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Craig

Sorry but I don't recall buying the jacket, I only remember waking in the morning and thinking "great jacket, where did that come from????" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Bill, I knew we had a good time in Pete's Bar but didn't
realise it was that good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If you do remember I would like to pick one up too.

Craig/Pete,
The shop i saw them at was a temporary "F1" merchandising tent on the Yarra. I assume they pack up and folow the F1 circus around. Having seen the web prices, i now wish i had bought one myself! Maybe we could get a group buy discount?

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Craig/Pete/Tim

The following day (after my purchase), I noticed another store that was in a permanent building outside of the main gate into the F1 track. I do remember this because I caught my wife trying on the ladies version.... Importantly, prices were the same as what I had paid. $198 AUS which equates to about $155 USD and 82 GBP.
I can swing by there and see if it is still open and ask where they got the jackets from (if they are open).
Will post the details of my sortie when it happens (this week - I hope).

Regards

Bill.

Back