Ignore User Option

Ron Earp

Admin
Folks,

I have had five email requests about ignoring users on the board in the last day. I have been traveling, thus I don't really know what is going on, but the feature does exist.

Basically, if you wish to ignore a user click on that users' profie, it looks like a file card in one of their posts. When that screen pops up you'll get information about the user and at the bottom you haev the option to add them to your buddy list or ignore list. You must have your cookies enabled for this feature to work.

Hope this helps, now I'll try and figure out what is going on.

Ron

Hi Ron

I am as guilty as the next man of wandering off thread but just recently some of the posts on this forum are giving me cause for concern.
Can I make a plea to fellow members to stop bickering, stop posting about machine guns and music preferences and other such nonsense, I mean what does it have to do with GT40s?
Over the last year this forum has grown to be a wonderful resource of information about GT40s, it has lead to international friendships and meetings and helped out many that are building or considering building GT40s, please lets keep it that way.
If you support this point of view, then please just don't respond to those that go out of their way to dilute the quality of this forum.
I would also like to congratulate Ron, for the success that this forum has achieved and I hope that it will continue to do so.

Regards
Chris

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Eternal vigilince is required to keep this forum civil and maintain its excellent signal-to-noise ratio. I agree, Chris, there's not much you can do to keep threads from getting tangential, as it would be like herding cats. As for the off-topic posts in the All-GT40 forum, they should either be discouraged or there should be a separate off-topic forum where people can post.

Have to agree with you guys, it's been getting way off the mark lately and left me wondering about the relevance of some of the questions or statements on this forum. Perhaps I am taking life too seriously. Call me old fashioned but I just want to talk about the cars...not machine guns. I know it'll stir up a hornets nest from some about the 'psyche' of '40 drivers but go and write your thesis on something else. It'll just end up being no fun anymore and it'll die a death.

As for the bickering...I have decided to become a vegetarian! (think about it!)

Back