Interest wanted For July 2009 Santa Pod Day

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
There is talk of putting together a day at Santa Pod on a RWYB day
Suggested dates are the weekend of 11 / 12 July 2009

The MGBV8 club have got good comms with the Santa Pod organisers and have offered to do the legwork to get 3 sets of paddock area next to each other for MGB Club, V8 Owners club and GT40 Club if we are interested.

To book the space we'd need to get about 12 cars together - if more then I'm sure they will accommodate.

So can I have a show of hands here please for these dates and if enough interest is shown I'll ask for a booking to be made

For interest sake last weekend I joined the MGB club and did 2 runs - could have done more but time was not on my side! Cost was £10 entrance and £20 per driver to do as many runs as your tyres / transmission allow.

If you plan on coming out the 1/4 at over 110mph they ask for helmets to be worn - I managed 97 mph terminal with too much wheelspin on my BF Goodriches.

So over to you

Please post up your interest

Ian

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Hi Ian,
Great Idea and I'm up for it.
I used to spectate at Santa Pod when I was in college in Rugby.
Watching Top Fuel go past from the pit lane near the finish gantry was awesome. Always wanted to do it myself (albeit at much lower speed!)

Dave

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Me too!

Last time a group from the club were doing this I had to give it a miss as a mate of mine was having a stag weekend in Barcelona - tough call, but the Rioja & Senoritas won! :D

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
It looks like this could take off and be a good outing (so long as we get a summer next year)

I'll keep everyone posted as and when everything is moving - but please continue to post if you are interested and I'll try and ensure everyone gets a parking space

Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I need numbers!

Herewith details of the event
http://www.retroshow.co.uk/

So the GT40s should fit in very well

Please post here to confirm you are bringing a GT40 and require paddock parking and also the number of tickets you want (Solo or plus passenger)

Tickets will be named and then made available at the event (main gate).

So I'll start

Ian Anderson
Tony Hunt
Paul Brameld
Ian Stewart (M3)
Fred GT40
Julian BW
Dave (From Scotland)
Chris Edwards (Some other car?)
David Morton (See how fast the weather van can go?)
Maxiboy
Stevendaren

Tickets and spaces need mooked by the end og January (Others can come on the weekend but will not get paddock parking.

So lets have a list please

cheers
Ian

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sure Monty Python did something about getting words starting with the wrong letter!

Oh what a silly bunt I am for not checking the spelling!

Ian

Ian
Looks to be a great show with loads going on.
However, I'm not sure my Noble ( 'some other car' - as you put it!) qualifies as 'retro' so may not be welcome at the show or on the drag strip - which is where this all started, as a RWYB day.
I'll try and speak to you this in the New Year as I would still like to come.

Count me in. My son might come as well as second driver, if thats OK. He was faster than me at Brighton, but it was his car (not GT40) and he was very familiar with it.

Chris

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Me too!

Last time a group from the club were doing this I had to give it a miss as a mate of mine was having a stag weekend in Barcelona - tough call, but the Rioja & Senoritas won! :D

Unbelievable - The same has happened again, only this time it's 50% my own stag do (weddings 1 month apart, so joint stag do's)!! Once again I will be in Spain, this time just North East of Barcelona (better stay well clear of the Senoritas this time though!) :hanged:

Ian, many apologies. I was genuinely interested, but had neglected to mark the dates on my year planner :dunce: If you can't manage to get someone else to take my place, I will pay the for the ticket.

Max

Back