ITB MAP air probe question

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Okay serious now.

This Jenvey ITB will need to have me put some small (1/8NPT) nipples in to go to a common rail to get an average MAP signal for FI. My question is where on the intake to put it. I want to put them in from underneath but I will have to smooth down the nipple in the intake to not impede airflow. Also up high or down low? too low and I will have to use an angle nipple. This may be a question I should put on the engine tech section. Heres another picture of the engine to help you help me.

Thanks!

Attachments

• f m 1.jpg
    f m 1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 270
Marc-that intake looks familiar. Just like mine! :) You do not technically need to run a map sensor if you tune alpha-n. I'm running a blended alpha/sd tune right now.

I put my ports underneath and as close to the tb's as possible. Each individual port then goes to a single vacuum block for summing. I do not recommend teeing them together and putting a map sensor at the end of the hoses. Keep each cylinder as separate as possible and Use a vacuum block. I had a dirty map signal teeing of the cylinders as the hoses routed back. As you said, you will need to smooth out any protrusions of the nipples inside the runners.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the input. The Jenvey guys shipped me a vacuum manifold to mount under the assembly. Hope to enjoy as much as you do.

Back