It's Official...$139995

Re: It\'s Official...$139995

I may as well ask this now. Does anyone know of any dealers that will well a GT40 at list?

We should keep track of something like this.

Interesting. So the total production number is down from earlier estimates of 4,500 units to 3,500. Markups aside, I think it's a helluva a car for $140k, when compared to its competition (Ferrari 360, etc.). I'd love to get a ride in one. I am also going to try really, really hard to have my RF on the road before these things start to show up. Not that they'll I'll ever see one on the road.

Ian Clark

Supporter

It's great to see a price announcement, perhaps Ford is trying to make Ferrari sweat a bit! As we all know, "prices are sbject to change without notice" plus the options.

So at the end of the day, the final price doesn't matter to the buyer, regardless of their motivation ( collector, speculator, enthusiast ) they are getting one helluva great car.

I hope we do see some on the road and comparison test between the new, old and repro GT40s would be fantastic too!

The fact the new Ford GT exists at all is truly commendable and helps perpetuate another lengendary racing Ford. The one that's dearest to our hearts is being discovered by an entire new generation (good news for replica companies!).

I have a couple of freinds in line for Ford GTs in Canada. No official news here yet about price or availability.

Cheers

The price may be $139,995 but I'll bet a serious purchaser's going to be looking at paying close to $200K. Good looking car though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

IMSA

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I have a bank account just for this car...now that the price is official, I have only $139,900 to go.....

But in Canada that is what, 2.8 million? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

With the US dollar sliding the way it has, it's probably time for us Americans to stop making jokes about other currencies. The Canadian dollar has risen from somewhere around $0.63 a few years ago to around $0.77 today. I expect that the trend will continue, as Canada's economy is largely commodity-based, and we're likely in a multi-year commodity bull market (coming out of something like a 20 year bear market in commodities).

What does this have to do with GT40s? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I talked to a friend Sunday that is in line to get a new GT this summer, at LIST!, of course the dealer is a friend who has 4 Ford dealerships, they are promised 2 and maybe getting 3. Bartow Ford is getting one and they have a standing offer of 200K when it shows up. Another west coat Ford dealer has an offer of 300K. I have a hard time paying list, much less a price over list, Wayne

Hi all,

My next door neighbor (a Chevy guy) said the price of the new GT is $70,000. I said, "Don't you mean $139,900?"

He replied, " No, it's $70,000 because I heard it on an auto auction on TV."

Well, he never listened to my "Ford" talk over the years so I guess he won't about this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Have fun!

John

Although I think he is within a few thousand dollars of the right figure, I can't credit this writer being in the know. He is way high on the number of GT that will be produced.

Ford was hoping to do 2,000 a year, but is now looking at 800 in the first year. I think this authors number of 3,500 is way high!

Keith

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

I talked with a Ford dealer I know the other day and asked him how he was gonna handle the car he will get, his reply? "it's going to one of my best fleet owners at MSRP. This guy buys 10-25 vehicles a year from me and spends many more thousands in parts and service. So I should bone him for an extra 20 or 30 grand and toss away a long standing relationship?"

While this dealer could easily get more from the customer or sell it to another higher bidder, he sees the long term benefits of making this guy really happy. At least one guy gets it!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

keith - where are you getting your 800/2000/1000-per-year numbers? everything i've seen in print is in the 2000/yr range or thereabouts.

the US dollar is a MAJOR liability right now for the german and italian manufacturers. ferrari is raising prices on all cars by 3-4% just to cover the exchange rate issues.

it's a GREAT time for a US mfg. to be shipping a high-cost car, since the competition is getting hammered on MSRP by currency fluctuations.

thanks,
doody.

Are we still sure that the true MSRP of the GT is $139,995. If a certain Ford dealer claims their GT drive off price (speaking in round figures) is $210,000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and some change, and also claim that they are selling the car for $190,000 with a $60,000 mark-up over MSRP. That means hummmmmm .... that MSRP, less than $139,995. It also means that destination, gas guzzler tax, luxury tax, TTL is around $20,000 at $190,000.

Ron Earp

Admin

Ferrari US raising prices 3-4% does not even BEGIN to cover the dispairity between the dollar and European currency. Unless, of course, you had a fat margin to begin with and it doesn't matter so much.

I know painfully well, everything I sell is imported and the 1 Euro = 1.22 dollar (current now, was 1.289) is rough. Bad time for US folks purchaing anything overseas from Europe.

alm - that's the official ford motor company MSRP number at this point. many dealers will be doing silly things. c'est la vie.

ron - clearly 3% to 4% doesn't cover the spread, but they don't need to cover the spot market spread - they in theory just need to cover the spread between the spot market and wherever their currency hedges are at. woe are the companies who didn't have good currency hedges in place!

doody.

[ QUOTE ]
Official? Ford changes the prices of mass produced vehicles all the time. I am sure "THE GT" will have adjustments.
KB

www.kylebrady.com/page7.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you are a Ford Dealer, what do you think will happen?

Its seems to a rule that MSRP goes up 3% from JOB #1 to JOB#2 in the same model year. The JOB #2 price for the 2005 GT might be around $145,000. With the high demand for these vehicles maybe higher.
kb

www.kylebrady.com/page7.html

My money is on it staying at its current price for the entire 2005my.

Back