Jms iii slc

Nice. Good to see another yellow SL-C running around out there! Is it street legal yet? Where are you getting your insurance?

Heck,

I made an account on this forum just to say this (well, and because I plan on building an SL-C eventually)

But, damn Tim. What the hell? Not only was your post completely uncalled for, but it was completely unwanted too. Building an impressive garage just so you can drop your pants and wave it around on a forum is beyond sad. Ah well, rule #1 of the internet: every forum has a resident flamer.

Also, you will be happy to know, J, that your post is what made me finally decide on an SL-C =)

Now I cannot wait. Probably will be a few months til I get around to ordering it. It will be interesting as it is currently 125 degrees F out here in the Middle East, 87% humidity, and dusty as all hell. Will have to build it to our specs!

Can't worry about what everyone else thinks in life, eh? Good decision, you won't be disappointed!

The car is back at VIR this weekend. Updates include a shroud for the air intake (I'd take pictures but the car is on the trailer across town) and a fully functioning digidash with GPS and a button for marking the start-finish. Hard mounted hand-held fire extinguisher, but the 15 pound fire suppression system needs a custom mounting bracket and hoses run. The tank will go in the crook of the passengers knees. Val is going to go back over the alignment.

Should have some lap times, though it is North course, so the car will not really get to stretch its legs. Sure wish I wasn't working!

Ali, I think you are going to want AC!!!!

Best regards,

-J.

Heck,

I made an account on this forum just to say this (well, and because I plan on building an SL-C eventually)

But, damn Tim. What the hell? Not only was your post completely uncalled for, but it was completely unwanted too. Building an impressive garage just so you can drop your pants and wave it around on a forum is beyond sad. Ah well, rule #1 of the internet: every forum has a resident flamer.

Also, you will be happy to know, J, that your post is what made me finally decide on an SL-C =)

Now I cannot wait. Probably will be a few months til I get around to ordering it. It will be interesting as it is currently 125 degrees F out here in the Middle East, 87% humidity, and dusty as all hell. Will have to build it to our specs!

Fran,
Just thought to drop a few pics of the boys that you sponsor. They said "Hi". Mosport Park today.
Dave

Attachments

• DSCF1111 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1111 (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF1112 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1112 (Small).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 302
  • DSCF1113 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1113 (Small).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 342
  • DSCF1114 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1114 (Small).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 354
  • DSCF1115 (Small).jpg
    DSCF1115 (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 307
Brief update:
Dad ran the car for the last member weekend at VIR. The car has not missed a single day of track time since the first day we had it out. Since then, the suspension has been tweaked a bit, the wing dialed back a bit (it makes TOO much downforce for the standard splitter), oil and transaxle coolers added.

The car was dyno'd at lunch today and found to be running rich, and after some tweaking makes 50 more horsies, 405 at the wheels or an estimated 460ish at the crank (remember that this is an LS376, basically an LS3 with a hot cam). I understand it is a significant difference in power. I still have not had a chance to really drive the car hard since the little things have been tweaked.

And so now we are heading into winter project mode:
New track front splitter
Front fender louvers
Rear sway bar

With more downforce on the front we can dial back in the rear wing, and the car should really be planted. The rear sway will let us get the balance just right. If we can figure out how to download the data from the digidash, I will be able to give you hard numbers instead of impressions. Until then I will just say it is a heluva machine. I look forward to there being more on the road and track so I can quit answering the question "what in the world is that?"

You said you were going to be putting on a rear sway bar, was the front already installed for you previous track days?

You said you were going to be putting on a rear sway bar, was the front already installed for you previous track days?

At this time there are no sways on the car front or rear. There was initial understeer, which was largely managed with some alignment tweaks (a smidge of toe-out in the front for low speed turn-in) and dialing back the rear wing (to keep the front planted in a relative sense at speed). I think we will be able to undo these changes to maintain or improve turn-in and increase high speed stability.

High speed stability is becoming more and more important as speeds of 140 are becoming 160. It's a big difference. The front straight at VIR is not straight!

Back