Jms iii slc

I'm with you, Doug. I've driven a few 246's and they are as lovely to drive and handle as they are to look at. Just perfection. Details need work, like the dashboard covering, the seats, the quarter window knobs, etc. But exquisite little Ferraris.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I agree. If I had the dosh, it would be the 246.
In 1980 - when I worked in Jersey -Jersey European Airways was part of St Aubins Finance Holdings, which also owned St. Helier Garages and I could have bought a second hand black 246 with red trimming for £6,000 but I elected for the last new black MGBGT at £3,000. I still have it and my youngest daughter would like me to restore it for her (She missed being born in it by 2 minutes) but I don't really feel inclined to do anything with it. It's probably worth about £750 now as a project for somebody.
I know - what a prat I was. Hindsight .....

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Oh the irony.... when this group identifies an F-car they like it's a Dino. Remember that when the 246 Dino came out it was to be a separate "brand", and not a Ferrari, I guess so as not to sully the Ferrari name with a budget 6-cylinder car?

I'm mostly with you guys on the relative merits of F vs. GT-40. However, there are a couple exceptions. If you put me halfway between an original GT-40 and a 250LM or 330P3, I would starve to death.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Alan,
You just don't get it. You can by a Ford tractor, or a Ferr-ri tractor, either will do the job. But in the end you'll buy the Ford because it is US and inexpensive and the Ferrari is well a Ferrari.
Just a laugh!

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Alan,
You just don't get it. You can by a Ford tractor, or a Ferr-ri tractor, either will do the job. But in the end you'll buy the Ford because it is US and inexpensive and the Ferrari is well a Ferrari.
Just a laugh!

Or I can buy a Lamborghini tractor.... but I definitely prefer tractors with a race history.

lamborghini_r3-95.jpg

yes I have an SLC as well, it is built to the teeth.

Tim:

As many of us are interested in the SL-C, and you are one of the few that have it completed and running, perhaps you would share your thoughts. What are the details of your build? Are there any improvements or modifications you did? Any set up tips or suggestions?

Chris

The GPS sensor is working on the digidash, and got the USB connector all setup too. Now we can put that thing to work.

Dad has been working on resetting the ride height, and then we will check the alignment and be sure it is good.

Had a friend come by that does graphic design and vinyl work. He is going to help us design some graphics. I will post ideas and proofs as he gets them. The best thing about vinyl: if you don't like it, just peel it off. Needless to say, he was pretty excited!

VA DMV has all the paperwork to get the VIN and plates. I predict the car will be street legal within 2 weeks. THAT will be interesting. Anyone know how many road legal cars there are now? I am looking forward to driving it with the motor broken in. Unfortunately I will miss the next weekend track event, as I am working :(.

Still have not found someone with a camera compatible with my blasted track footage! *&^$%!

I predict the car will be street legal within 2 weeks. THAT will be interesting. Anyone know how many road legal cars there are now?

In the shop that built the most radical street legal SLC so far (I'll let you guess/vote which car that is) - there was a pool to see how far the car would get out the door before it was pulled over by the man.

A Mile? Two? Ten? ...... No one was really close.

The car made it 500 feet.

Anyone know how many road legal cars there are now?

I'm registered and plated. :)

In the shop that built the most radical street legal SLC so far (I'll let you guess/vote which car that is) - there was a pool to see how far the car would get out the door before it was pulled over by the man.

A Mile? Two? Ten? ...... No one was really close.

The car made it 500 feet.

Times like this make me glad I don't live in a nazi-state like California .... I have 0 fear of being pulled over when I (eventually) leave the garage - straight pipes on a 502 ... no worries. License plate that has the word 'fvck' in it ... no worries. I can probably even get away with a gun rack on the roof :laugh:

Rob,
With your magnificantly engineered and talented SL-C styling mod's, it is understandable that there are no running SL-C's in CA. Congrats on the front clip/bonnet success! Looking good!

Thats nice clear footage...seems like the engine is pulling pretty well for being a stock LS376 with a full factory GM ECU tune.

Do you have any more from later in the weekend??

Thats nice clear footage...seems like the engine is pulling pretty well for being a stock LS376 with a full factory GM ECU tune.

Do you have any more from later in the weekend??

I do have some footage of my dad pulling out of oak tree at 1700 rpm. He seemed to think shifting was a distraction :)

There is about an hour of similar footage, unfortunately the camera wasn't running when I was tossing my brother-in-law around and we were trying to get to max top speed using only 4500 rpm.

Back