Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

I saw those. They're listed on Ebay as well as a Chinese knock off for 1/5th the cost. The only head ache I see with that route is the plumbing adapters to the Porsche quick connectors.

The more complexity you add to a system, the more potential failure points you've added. Brakes are a mission-critical system.
100% agree, luckily its not for my brakes lol. I dont know how else to complete the loop on my slave cylinder though being it has a feed & return line.
Thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We had purchased DPI Brake Fluid Recirculators back in the late 90’s and the SCCA Tech inspectors (of which I became one) would not allow them in competition. They’d been used at that point for maybe 5 years in NASCAR on short-track cars. I think I probably still have a set.

We had purchased DPI Brake Fluid Recirculators back in the late 90’s and the SCCA Tech inspectors (of which I became one) would not allow them in competition. They’d been used at that point for maybe 5 years in NASCAR on short-track cars. I think I probably still have a set.
I could be over thinking this and once I start building figure it out but I’ve never seen a slave cylinder with a return line. What other options could I have Other than blocking it off? There would be no other way to cycle it back to master cylinder.
thanks

Vinny P

Supporter
Hello everyone,

its Time to start my build thread as everything is finally in motion after a year of planning.look forward to the build and I’m sure I’ll have many questions along the way. I’m 40 yrs old and been building cars since I’m 16 as a personal hobby only. I have a 65 gto convertible,70 nova SS (prostreet car),73 stingray,94 Supra TT, my recent build was factory five cobra. this Will be my first rear engine car and pretty excited about it.I’m looking forward to this build and chatting with you.
thank you
Joe

body/chassis (delivery expected end of July)
Active Performance MK1 gt40
18” halibrand wheels
aluminum rear spoiler

engine (12-14 weeks delivery) prestigemotor
575hp shelby stamped aluminum 427w
borla stack injection
holley terminator X fuel management
msd 6al ignition

transaxle ( in transit)
Porsche 997 transaxle
Hi Joe welcome to GT40s. I ordered the RCR deluxe kit in March expected delivery is Oct-Nov. It's going to be a long wait! I also ordered a 427 Borla stack injected 575 HP motor from Prestige Motors, should be getting it in June/July. My ZF gearbox arrived last week. Good Luck with your build. I have been doing a bit of research myself so I can hit the ground running when the GT gets here. My email is: vpapa57 at optonline.net we can exchange information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe welcome to GT40s. I ordered the RCR deluxe kit in March expected delivery is Oct-Nov. It's going to be a long wait! I also ordered a 427 Borla stack injected 575 HP motor from Prestige Motors, should be getting it in June/July. My ZF gearbox arrived last week. Good Luck with your build. I have been doing a bit of research myself so I can hit the ground running when the GT gets here. My email is: [email protected] we can exchange information.
Hi Vinny, the wait is by far the worst part lol. good luck with your build aswell. I clicked your name and noticed your in ronkonkama I’m in centereach.
thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I could be over thinking this and once I start building figure it out but I’ve never seen a slave cylinder with a return line. What other options could I have Other than blocking it off? There would be no other way to cycle it back to master cylinder.
thanks
I’ll have to ponder this for a while, but at first blush, I don’t see a problem with blocking it off as long as you have a bleeder valve. The real beauty of the return system is that you always have a cooler charge of fluid in the slave and it is self bleeding as it recirculates fluid.

Vinny P

Supporter
Hi Vinny, the wait is by far the worst part lol. good luck with your build as well. I clicked your name and noticed your in Ronkonkoma I’m in Centereach.
thanks
Nice meeting you I am up that way often enough. I lived on S Washington before buying this house in Ronkonkoma. My buddy owns MCA I in Seldon and MCA II auto shop behind Polo Rico restaurant on Middle Country road. If you get a chance email me.

Got a Few more update pics today
57AAE3CC-9149-49B5-808A-338F8D3C8A03.jpeg
E30F57D9-1395-4418-8B8E-18C9F84B535E.jpeg

Just received email from Chris, car is roughly 3-4 weeks till ready for delivery. to Top it off he is going to be delivering it which is awesome to get to meet him in person.motor should be right after that with estimated delivery of 8/7. i cannot wait to finally start this build lol.next thing to buy is another 4 post lift before delivery

Fuel pumps came today. After putting this in cobra i decided to go with it again in the 40. Went with the single pump for 40 my cobra has twin pumps.Aeromotive stealth setup.what a nice clean pump system they have with this setup.hands down best ive used so far.
389C1557-4B6B-457C-B8BE-27877E77F62D.jpeg
1B99363E-737A-46A3-8A29-FED5BAF9134A.jpeg

Vinny P

Supporter
Chassis is looking good, Chris did a great job! How deep is that Aeromotive pump? is that also a swirl tank or just the packaging?
If you are looking for a scissor lift, I found that Amgo makes a decent lift model MR06 might work out well.

Last edited:
Chassis is looking good, Chris did a great job! How deep is that Aeromotive pump? is that also a swirl tank or just the packaging?
If you are looking for a scissor lift, I found that Amgo makes a decent lift model MR06 might work out well.
Pump can work with tank depth of 6-10”,the foam is cut to fit height needed. No swirl tank Going from pump direct to motor.this pump eliminates the need of swirl tank. I’m set on another 4 post,I like them the best.

Joe

Back