Kar Kraft T-44

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Kennedy made an adapter for me for a 427 side oiler to G50/52. Unfortunately for me, the car has taken a long time to build and the engine and trans are still separate. Excellent product.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Gregg,

Would you mind giving specifics on your Kennedy's parts, I just purchased a G50/52 and will be mating to a 351w. I could use your advice and direction regarding the clutch setup.

To All,
BTW, what does "FE" represent?

Thx,
Tim

I thought FE = Ford Edsel

IMHO the porsche 930 4 speed transaxle with lsd is a great choice for a big block car with a moderate amount (500/500) of torque and hp. With that much torque I think you only need a 4 speed, and this trans was used with many porsche racing cars with more than 500 hp.

And rebuilt units are available at moderate costs.

Re: Kar Kraft T-44/Superformance

Mike Mendeola is to begin building A five-speed transaxle application for the Superformance GT-40 MK I/II, equipted with a small-block Ford engines, very shortly. Expect to pay in the $12,000 retail range. Included is a bell housing, clutch assembly and transaxle. No plans for an FE-series engine adaptation yet. As an aside, a few of you have been talking about the G-50-series Porsche trans and their application for GT-40 projects. A very nice group of folks out in Las vegas, NV called Renegade, make conversions for Ford and GM V-8s. See Renegade Hybrids . Their trans conversion was used on the 0-200-0 record holder I'm told. It's worth a look.

BR

Michael

40Bud,

That would be very cool! Especially if someone else was doing it. The ONLY thing I have against Superformance is summed up very well in their adverts "If you want a kit, buy a model!" They only have one product: a turn-key minus. Granted there are slight variations on that (as least I think there are), but their bottom line is: take what we sell you and be happy with it. In other words, the only way one of us would get our hands on one of those transaxles is if we buy a whole roller from them or find a car that someone has wrecked and cannibalize it. If I wanted a cookie cutter car, I'd buy a Corvette or a Porsche or, dare I say it, a GT (as if I had the $$).

Regards,
Lynn

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Michael, Mike Teske is the only person I know of making the T44. He used to be in Florida but has since moved. From what I recall, his trans are 35k. The 930 box is a much cheaper alternative which can handle the torque of the big block.

Back