kva mk3 build

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
James

I feel for you - the first time I heard my engine fire up smiled for a week!
But I also could not hear for that week as it started with no headers so was loud

A great milestone!

Next is the first time it turns a wheel under it's own power

Now - have you booked the SVA? If not probably worth getting it booked before IVA starts and you become the GT40 Guineapig!

Ian

hi ian...going to get the paperwork sorted for the SVA this week i think, i have heard that a lot of the stations are closing for training for the IVA, and think there will be a lot of people trying to get there cars in quick so they dont have to do the new test.....all very stressful....the car sat for 9 years un registered and there is a real lack of paperwork with the car.....really dont want a Q plate....so john is working as hard as he can to get everything looking back to new.....the annoying thing is, everything on the car is new, its just proving it....

Hi James, really great that the car is coming along so well and you are pleased with it. I speak to John regularly and get updates and his attention to detail always amazes me... currently brake pipe unions !! I hope to visit John in the next week or so.... as soon as the snow clears ! When John was building my E-type every visit gave me a buzz for days. All the best , Peter.

cheers peter...he does know his stuff.....its all the small details that add up to make it less troublesome in the future...the car sounded great when i was last there....you will have to get john to fire her up for you!!!!

Ok ..... more braking news...... got to drive the car today for the first time....Ok, it was only a couple of feet forward and a couple of feet backwards , but in my book that is driving my car!!!!! so once again john kept to his word.... is this man a "legend" or what!!! can not sing his praises high enough..... now for the bad news...... there is no more SVA.... come to think of it there is no IVA either...... seems VOSA have cancelled anymore SVA tests, but are not ready to start the IVA and do not know when they will be ready to start..... so if anyone is planning on trying to finish there car in the near future... think again....I am going to call them again and get a bit heavy about human rights etc.... can not see how a Goverment agency can do this????? if anyone has any ideas about this, then please let me know..... anyway, now for the good bit..... the pics.... feedback always welcome

james
p.s.spot john's very tidy GT40
p.p.s check out the flash breather box by Bryn

Attachments

• gt1.jpg
    gt1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 483
  • gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 541
  • gt3.jpg
    gt3.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 565
  • gt4.jpg
    gt4.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 512
  • gt5.jpg
    gt5.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 486
:thumbsup:eek:k...spoke to VOSA and they have the forms....and i have the privalage of been sent the very first one...so will let you guys know what the whole experience is like....although its a lot more expencive than the SVA....but at least it means i might be able to drive the car this summer!!!

Last edited:
James
there has been a delay in releasing the IVA forms due to inappropriate expense claims submitted by certain government officials ,hangers on etc,and all forms have had the claim box for veiwing adult material deleted,this has taken some time,but dont expect an apology,or heads to roll ,just pay and wait. RIP OFF BRITAIN strikes again:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.
cheers ,
John:thumbsup:

Hi James,
The 40 is looking good I see it most weeks , it gives me motivation to keep on with my project.
Pleased you like the catch tank , most things I make are usualy hidden from view under paneling etc.

regards BRYN

cheers bryn...yeah really happy with the way the car is coming on....just itching to get it finished.....john has been working so hard on the car....fingers crossed not to long although these things always seem to run into problems!!!! how you getting on with your car?????

Hi James, the pictures of the car look really great, you must be thrilled. I hope to visit John this week to see it for myself, and hopefully hear it as well !!
All the best , Peter.

Hi James, went to see John yesterday ( and the car ). The GT40 looks and sounds superb, you must be so pleased. I had no idea how complicated and detailed the new SVA approvals were... an absolute nightmare for you and John. Why do they have to make life so difficult ?!
Anyway the whole appearance of the car looks great, and I am sure you are pleased with John's progress. The paintwork has polished up really well, and it has the appearance of just the right amount of patina. Also with all the polished ali work you could believe the whole car was ali.
I'm sure it's not long now.... summer motoring approaching !
Best regards, Peter.

i know peter.....the car is looking sweet, just carnt wait to drive it now...not to long to go i hope......carnt wait to have some summer driving with it.......got all the vinyls coming so should look great once everything is on....speak soon

Hi James,
Just been up to see John and have a look around, and your car looks fantastic. It looks like he's done an amazing job with it and it sounds great. All the aero quip hoses and Ali panelling make it look spot on.

Enjoy the summer, it looks like your going to have a lot of fun driving that around.

Hi Jon and all supporters
Sadly James has asked me to suspend work on the KVA for now and he is coming to take it away on a trailer on Friday. James and everyone who has seen the car progress have been very supportive and encouraging to me during this tough rebuild and restoration. Approx 15 days more work could probably see the car finished (less paint) but the tough economic climate and the uncertain IVA test criteria have taken their toll.

Watch this space.

Cheers John

Yes, Good luck James,
The pace at which you and John have been working is incredible. I hope the project isn't on hold for too long. I'm a fan of this car.
Martin

Back