kva mk3 build

James and John,
We all look forward to seeing this car on the road. D#@m the bureacrats and their infernal medling in the affairs of honest men.
Garry

hi guys......gutted that i have to hold fire with car for the minute...fingers crossed i can start again in a month or so.... this car has been a case of blood,sweat and tears, but john has done an incredible job in such a short time.... the IVA test is a joke...so many little changes that all cost more money , new window screens just because they now need to have an "e" mark...what a joke to name just one change..... jon , if you are looking for someone to help with your car you can not go wrong with john...trust me....will let you guys know when things get started again...cheers for the surport, and let me know if anyone needs a photographer !!!!

Hi James, really sorry to hear from John that you have had to delay the finish. Do hope this is only a temporary setback. With me I just need to sell one of my cars to finance my next project... then I will be after John again !!
Best regards, Peter.

Hi i am building a MK3 and i am looking for the wheels that are on the KVA in this build dose any body have any idea were i could get my hands on a set of these wheels

Hi Andy
the wire wheels on James KVA are from memory 7 x15 front 8x15 rears, there is an adapter spline which bolts via the 5 stud granada hubs with slim nuts to clear the back face of wheel centre,these hubs are currently listed in the EUROPA specailist spares catalogue. The wheels are only listed up to 6 inch width, but Chris Cole had a set for sale in the last GT 40 enthusiasts magazine,
cheers
John.

well..been keeping john busy...and the car is nearly finished...looks amazing...johns work is outstanding......he has built me my dream car...who needs santa at christmas , when we have got john......

Attachments

• P1020797small.jpg
    P1020797small.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 442
  • P1020801small.jpg
    P1020801small.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 451
  • P1020805small.jpg
    P1020805small.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 445
  • P1020812small.jpg
    P1020812small.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 457
James,
That looks tremendous. I'm so glad you were able to finish your build.
Well done. John has indeed done a fine job. Best Mk111 I've seen.

Martin

Thanks Martin... i am over the moon with the car....i am going to collect it in 2 weeks time...carnt wait to get her out on the road and start to have some fun ..... your car is coming along really well i see....when do you think you will be on the road?????

That's the big question James.
I recon most of the build will be complete this spring, then work to get through the IVA, paint and registration. The paint will cost a bit and I still need seats which will also set me back a bit so given my financial situation having plunged so much already into the car I think I'll be looking at this time next year to be on the road. That will be a three and half year build which is actually short of my prediction of four years.
Can't wait.

Martin

Hi James, John has just let me know that some new pictures have been posted. What can I say, the car looks fabulous... dare I even say 'Original'. It seems to have just the right amount of patina for onlookers to think.. is it an original ? Well done for persevering with the rebuild, I am sure it will be worth it. Please let us know what it's like on the road. John seems to have done you proud... he's built 3 cars for me and all have been perfect. As soon as funds become available I have car number 4 ready and waiting! Happy motoring, Peter.

:thumbsup:Beautiful car James! I think this is the best looking MKIII I have ever seen. Great job, glad it didn't just rust away in a barn somewhere but will now be loved and enjoyed by everyone that sees it. Congratulations.

Steve26

Hi James,
I have to admit that i thought what a pile of crap that 40 was when it arrived at John's, but know i am pleased to say he has made a fantastic job and you will be 16ft tall when you are driving it around, I wish I could have him finish my tornado.
You luck boy james all the best Bryn

no 40 is a pile of crap....but it was in a bad way....yeah john has done an amazing job...so happy with how the car looks....carnt wait to collect it........ thanks for the lovely ali work.....james

well the big day has come and gone and i still carnt get the smile of my face......collected the car yesterday from john's but by the time i got home with the car on the trailor it was dark so decide to give the neighbours an early morning wake up call......fired her up first thing this morning and took her for a nice 30 mile round trip trouble free......the car gets a lot of attention and people taking pics from there phones as i was driving along.......well she is all tucked up after a quick clean and carnt wait for a nice sunny day to get her out again...........all i can say is that john has produced one hell of a car.............pics to follow

Hi James
Glad all is well with the KVA,you are quite brave carrying out the development and testing in mainstream London traffic.keep an eye on the levels and watch the revs on the motor whilst running in.
cheers
John.

Back