Laguna Seca & Google Earth

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
THis is kind of neat. I have the opportunity to drive Laguna Seca in November so I went to Google Earth to look at the circuit. THe picture was taken during the Historics and the resolution is amazing. Much better than most areas. You can see and recognize the cars in the Paddock. Now the really neat thing is that there is only one car on the circuit and it is coming out of the cork screw. If you have Google Earth see if you can recognize what car it is.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Are you still studying the track layout for your venture? You Dog!

All fun put aside that track is really tricky from what I have been told by good source. I guess the cork screw is a butt puckering experience. Need someone to take movies?

Ron Earp

Admin
iRacing and Youtube will be your friend. You can spend hours watching races on Youtube and get a good feel for the track.

Try the "Street View" with google maps and you will be on track with ALMS cars. Street view also goes through the paddock, parking and camping areas during the ALMS weekend.

THis is kind of neat. I have the opportunity to drive Laguna Seca in November so I went to Google Earth to look at the circuit. THe picture was taken during the Historics and the resolution is amazing. Much better than most areas. You can see and recognize the cars in the Paddock. Now the really neat thing is that there is only one car on the circuit and it is coming out of the cork screw. If you have Google Earth see if you can recognize what car it is.

What's interesting is that it appears more than once on the track. There is also what appears to be a McLaren M6GT.

That is probably the thing I miss most about living in NorCal - easy access to Laguna Seca, Thunder Hill, and Sears Point.

Ian

Back