Le Mans Classic 2008

This year, first the first in eight, i have to let LeMans continue without me. The Classic is still my list and yet I will go as a spectator.

I must say to have very high expectations of this event.

Hi Roy I am sure you will try to get me to come, I will hope to join the team
Rgds

Attachments

• DOC050331-004 - 1b.jpg
    DOC050331-004 - 1b.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 350
Roy... before I make my finale decision on weather to attend the 2008 classic, can you answer me one question and confirm.
If your car is not finished by next year will you be riding shotgun for the parade laps with Ken again in the "Plastic PiG" !! if so it will be worth the trip alone just to see your face after Ken has tried to set the fastest time ever recorded by a "TVRCOS" for a full lap of Le-Mans.
If you intend to take up his offer again may I suggest you carry a spare pair of underpants with you just in case.
Yours faithfully
The Camp Commandant.

Hi Tim,
You just can't miss this one, I'll look forward to seeing you there!
Ian, that was one of the most frightening rides I have ever had as a passenger, especially when I was later told that the bolts locating the rear axle were broken, and I was also facing the wrong way trying to photograph the club members cars-never again!

Hi Roy the missus and me are going to try and make it but as you know it wont be in a 40 but it is a red 2 seater,Ian he only ever takes 1 pair of pants with him when he's at Le Mans

Hi Alan,
I think we had better drop a V8 in the MG*, Ive got a spare one! I assume you'll also be sporting a large moustache, flat cap. tweed jacket and pipe on the drive down-OH and smoking jacket and furry slippers for the Gite.
look forward to seeing you there.

I would love to come, but the 40 will probably not be ready in time. May take the 55 MG Magnette. Will you boys in the 40's be able to keep up? :)

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well 3rd time lucky that I get there & back without any breakdowns! Any bets? :)

Actually the car has been apart and various bits replaced/uprated etc over the last month or so (mainly fuel/battery/charging related). Hopefully it will all be back together, with a new MOT (but without some of the major problems) by the end of this month (just in time for Stoneleigh).

So here's hoping for another fantastic week at the GT40 Enthusiast's Le Mans Classic Maison Blanche Holiday Asylum, Plastic Pig TVRCOS & all!

Alan, if you are going to be out there you can book a ride in your old car (fortunately it does have air-con now). Possibly not the track ride though as this may well already be taken ;-)

Hi Max ill take you up on the offer would be good to see the old gal again,as you can see ive joined the pipe and slipper brigade poodling around in the old mgb wind in the hair and all that

Back