Leary TVR

Spotted this tvr on piston heads a few years ago and decided I must have one.:heart:

As I have heaps of sbf engine`s and parts I thought its a good excuse to build another totally impractical car.( twas the music in my head ). I managed to find a body shell thats in good condition and a 3000m rolling chassis that will go under it. So the butchery will start:cowboy:

The guy that supplies the shells below can do the arch kits

I managed to pick up this shell, its complete with door hinges etc.

Should have most of the bits by the end of the year.

Bob

Last edited:
Hi Bob. Nice project.

Not sure if its necessary for you, but the good old boys that are building my P4, are seriously into old TVR's and race and support these beasts in classic racing around Europe. If you ever need anything, drop me a line and I'll happily put you in touch.

I don't know much (many here can attest to that), but I do know that at least one of the TVR's they campaigned is apparently quite famous, at least to those that know about these things.

Hi Bob. Nice project.

Not sure if its necessary for you, but the good old boys that are building my P4, are seriously into old TVR's and race and support these beasts in classic racing around Europe. If you ever need anything, drop me a line and I'll happily put you in touch.

I don't know much (many here can attest to that), but I do know that at least one of the TVR's they campaigned is apparently quite famous, at least to those that know about these things.

Any contacts for spares would be useful Mark. These things are a bit thin on the ground:thumbsup:

Bob

Hi Bob,
One of the most knowledgeable people for the 1960s TVR Griffith is Nigel Reuben in Droitwich. He built and runs, amongst others, Mike Whitaker's very successful Griffith in historic racing. For contact details www.nigelreubenracing.com
Good luck with your project.

Thanks Mark and Paul for the info. The car wont be eligible for any of the historic racing because of its mongrel origins but should make a good fun road registered / track day special . One thing that I do need to locate are some door tops. these are for the short doors of the series vixens/granturas. No hurry.

Bob

Back