London Riots

A famous English song performed by a famous English group with millions of hits on Youtube.

We don't need no education
We don't need no class control
-----
Teachers leave them kids alone
---

Just thinking

Z.C.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Five thousand extra police on duty on overtime this weekend for the Notting Hill Caarneeval. The Mayor (jOHNSON) has gone on record as saying the rest of London will be policed normally as though the caarneevaal did not exist. The five thousand are being drawn in from other parts of the country - he says.
I calculate that to be at least £2,000,000 in wages alone. (on overtime at 1.75 times normal pay) Then they need hotels, feeding and transport.
What about the other parts of the country - will they be left sans rozzers?
This multiculturism is total bullshit. The people of Notting Hill don't want it,
and the Taxpayers certainly don't need it. None of de woolycapdreadlocks brigade can afford to live in Notting Hill and by and large live sarf of de reever so go figure -this is their caarneevaal.
Will the Stewards be able to keep the peace - not a chance. I went though there last night and a lot of houses are barricaded up completely.
The Fire brigade is fully manned and any time off and holidays are scrubbed and this is a holiday weekend.
All the local hospitals have contingency plans for another riot. The only way it could all be damped down is torrential rain.
My informant is a Motorcycle Traffic Officer and he is releved he is tasked with a duty only one street away from the processions but he is dreading it. and praying for the heavy rain.

Any bullshit on here from un-informed idiots and water drinkers will be ignored. You are not involved - we are.

Keith

I'm afraid you may have walked head first into that particular hole Mr Young. The cap seems to fit nicely since the comment in question was totally non specific..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No, I'm pretty sure it was specific. A few of us "on here" have called out Mr. Morton for his dislike of and prejudice towards Muslims and immigrants. Seems to me that is who he is referring to here, but maybe I'm wrong.

Keith

Well, in that case Mr Young I would congratulate both you for having 20/20 vision and Mr Morton for his sucessful fishing trip..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
And da preacha of da paddock gets testy!

I'm mostly in agreement with you by the way about the mess we have in the US, but I remain amazed at the immigrant hate in the UK. Not very genteel, not very British in my view. Much more, in fact, like your crass cousins to the west.

Keith

"Not very British?" Mr Young, you jest. We are (and always have been) one of the most xenophobic nations on earth - traditional catch word: "Wogs start at Calais"

What is more astonishing is that we don't have more 'events' such as the recent public disorder especially in the light of the fact that the United Kingdom houses 252 persons per sq kilometre as opposed to your own mere 32 in the same area.

Crowded is not quite the right word I'd use and if you had been "assimilated" to the degree that some of our towns and cities have been then you might just utter a squeak of protest about the ridiculous United Kingdom immigration policy due in part to the EU.

Apart from all of this, the average UK citizen is a very tolerant person who harbours nagging thoughts of xenophobia but never quite articulates them in public. Mr Morton is an somewhat of an exception to this rule, but I for one applaud his stance as it echoes what many of us feel.

As regards racial issues, you should also remember that our "immigrants" are far different from your "immigrants" in ways I would be literally arrested for if I uttered them here on a public forum.

Nobody on God's earth should be forced to live cheek by jowl with a bunch of assholes and that includes those of a similar flavour to the indigenous population.

We don't even like people who live on estates wherever they come from!

Here endeth the lesson. Please be upstanding.

The congregation will now join with me and sing:

"Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me,
Why have you Sunk Beneath the Sea"

Amen.

Mr Morton is an somewhat of an exception to this rule, but I for one applaud his stance as it echoes what many of us feel.

Sorry I don't applaud him on this point, although I do have a soft spot for dinosaurs so he is not all bad.

Steady on my wife came from an estate and I like her most of the time.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
It's not very British in the sense that you just don't sound very polite. Most of my friends from the UK -- football thuggery aside -- have been quite the gentlemen.

Have you been to the US?

And do tell me why "your" immigrants are different than (and worse than in your view) ours, and why "you" shouldn't be forced to live with them.

You sound like you would have loved been an old white guy in the South in the JIm Crow days.

"Not very British?" Mr Young, you jest. We are (and always have been) one of the most xenophobic nations on earth - traditional catch word: "Wogs start at Calais"

What is more astonishing is that we don't have more 'events' such as the recent public disorder especially in the light of the fact that the United Kingdom houses 252 persons per sq kilometre as opposed to your own mere 32 in the same area.

Crowded is not quite the right word I'd use and if you had been "assimilated" to the degree that some of our towns and cities have been then you might just utter a squeak of protest about the ridiculous United Kingdom immigration policy due in part to the EU.

Apart from all of this, the average UK citizen is a very tolerant person who harbours nagging thoughts of xenophobia but never quite articulates them in public. Mr Morton is an somewhat of an exception to this rule, but I for one applaud his stance as it echoes what many of us feel.

As regards racial issues, you should also remember that our "immigrants" are far different from your "immigrants" in ways I would be literally arrested for if I uttered them here on a public forum.

Nobody on God's earth should be forced to live cheek by jowl with a bunch of assholes and that includes those of a similar flavour to the indigenous population.

Here endeth the lesson. Please be upstanding.

The congregation will now join with me and sing:

"Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me,
Why have you Sunk Beneath the Sea"

Amen.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Apparently I have made a mistake. The numbers of Police on duty at the caarneeval will be 16,000 (sixteen thousand). Holy moses........

Keith

It's not very British in the sense that you just don't sound very polite. Most of my friends from the UK -- football thuggery aside -- have been quite the gentlemen.

Have you been to the US?

And do tell me why "your" immigrants are different than (and worse than in your view) ours, and why "you" shouldn't be forced to live with them? *

You sound like you would have loved been an old white guy in the South in the JIm Crow days.

* You are kidding right?

BTW1 Some of the comments may not be reaching their targets - I am reliably informed that the "Ignore" button is in operation in some quarters.

BTW2 I lived in Alabama, 35801 to be precise, for almost 7 years, but I cannot talk about it.

Nick, why shouldn't we be able to voice our concerns?

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
No, not kidding at all. Aren't you a free market guy? Why doesn't that apply to labor markets, and immigration?

Never undersood the "free markets answer all questions! until they bring a Pakistani into my neighborhood! now we need some laws against this!"

Voicing your opinion is one thing. Do it all you want. But understand if it is racist, xenophobic, etc., you will get called on it....

* You are kidding right?

BTW1 Some of the comments may not be reaching their targets - I am reliably informed that the "Ignore" button is in operation in some quarters.

BTW2 I lived in Alabama, 35801 to be precise, for almost 7 years, but I cannot talk about it.

Nick, why shouldn't we be able to voice our concerns?

Keith

Called on it.. ha ha that's rich.

Anyway I hate everybody so call me out on that Big Boy.....

Warning, please bring oxygen. When I get excited, I tend to keel over a little..

It's a shame. I can't goosestep any more...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The impeccably polite English mad debating skillz yo! on display again!

Called on it.. ha ha that's rich.

Anyway I hate everybody so call me out on that Big Boy.....

Warning, please bring oxygen. When I get excited, I tend to keel over a little..

It's a shame. I can't goosestep any more...

Keith

I never said I was polite.. in fact the opposite is true in treal life. I think Nick, Graham and Mark at least are exemplarary examples of contemporary gentlemen and I have not met any of them. But I know I wouldn't be disappointed..

Problem is young jeff that I didn't have a proper edyidcation see innit, and thus my command of the English language, and my tolerance for fools and smart mouths is limited (present company excepted of course.):dozey:

I have a very very short fuse...:furious:

If you heard me speak you would be in no doubt that I come from the wrong side of the tracks mate...

More Vinnie Jones than PG Wodehouse if you get my drift.. :)

Anyway it is POETS Day so I am signing off now and going to meet with Captain Morgan. Thank goodness, I am all preached out....

Have a great weekend everyone, it is a Bonk Holiday here, so there will be no bonking you guys - LISTEN UP! - lets hope the World is still here on Monday.:sunny:

On the subject of Immigration, I can't morally complain. I have been an ex-pat immigrant myself, taking work from local Canadians! BTW Canadian members of this fine board, you guys are the best!

However, I do find it difficult here in the UK sometimes, to bite my tongue. I live in a small market town circa 22,000 people. We have a lot of Polish people living here nowadays. Nothing wrong with that. But imagine my surprise last week when driving home, only to be greeted by Road Signs duplicated in Polish! You have got to be F**cking kidding me right?!!!???

That's all I can say on that subject.

I will be joining you in spirit Keith Sir, although mine is a Sailor Jerry! And if the world isn't here on Monday, lets hope I'm too drunk to notice!

Back