Looking for information about GT Developments and Superformance GT40's

Hi there,

From what I've seen GT Developments GT40's seem to be the cheapest way to own a "Ford GT". (Often see them from £65,000 to £90,000) But I can't really find any info about them, I found this thread here but the www.gt40enthusiasts.com site no longer seems to exist.

I haven't seen any Superformance cars for sale in the UK but this gq article says that 50 have been sold in the UK. Has anyone had any experience with them? How easy is it to go about getting an engine and transmission fitted? (Superformance sell them without those) What sort of price do they go for in the US?

Also does anyone know if any ERA kits came to the UK before they stopped making them? What sort of price do these go for in the US?

Many thanks
Sam

GT Developments is usually shortened to GTD, so search for GTD or GTD40 and you'll find a lot of info. Not sure when they folded, but in the late 90's. I had one back then so DM me if you need more info.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
If you are in the UK you should also contact Tornado Sports Cars. They have been around for years and many excellent examples available,

Also try contacting the GT40 Enthusiasts club, they have regular meetings around the country and you can regularly see different brands next to each other,...... of course COVID slowed these down this year,

ian

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
If you are in the UK you should also contact Tornado Sports Cars. They have been around for years and many excellent examples available,

Also try contacting the GT40 Enthusiasts club, they have regular meetings around the country and you can regularly see different brands next to each other,...... of course COVID slowed these down this year,

ian
At one time we had a Tornado contact here in the U.S. Scott Callabro (probably murdered the spelling on that one) was our contact person and I thought he was located somewhere near the U.S./Canada border....but it's been a long time since I saw him on my screen so maybe he's no longer handling the U.S. portion of Tornado's business.

Does any one have any idea if Tornado has a U.S. distributor? I'd hate to have to order from "across the pond" if there's a more local option.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear up my confusion.

Cheers!

Back