Louis' RCR MKII Build

Louis

Supporter
Rockers

Hi All,

Another rocker question for the group.

The tires are hitting the rockers even though the rockers as far back as possible and the front suspension as far forward as possible. I've trimmed a little here and there hoping to get them to go back. I've seen some cut the front lip off the rockers getting them to move backward. Moving backwards would also help line up the front clip too as seen in the attached picture. Before I go any further trimming I wanted to get yall's thoughts.

Also, could it be possible the rockers are backwards? As you know the rocker ends are different with one end having more slope and the other end being more square. Hope that makes sense? When I got the car as a roller from RCR the rockers were attached so the sloped end was at the front and the square end at the back.. Should the square end be at the front?

I can't remember the tire size but they don't look oversized.

Attached is a picture showing the tire hitting the rocker. There is also a mark on the rocker where the front clip rests on the rocker. Rocker needs to go back about 10-15mm.

The next picture shows the lower part of the rocker inserted into the chassis slot. I got this from Adam H's build thread. This works well and protects the lower portion of the rocker. You can also see in this picture the front lip on that rocker is up against the chassis sponson and can't go back any further which is my problem.

Thank you!
Louis

Attachments

• TireHittingRocker[1].jpg
    TireHittingRocker[1].jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 384
  • LowerRockerLipInChassisSlot[1].jpg
    LowerRockerLipInChassisSlot[1].jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 434
Rockers

Hi All,

Another rocker question for the group.

The tires are hitting the rockers even though the rockers as far back as possible and the front suspension as far forward as possible. I've trimmed a little here and there hoping to get them to go back. I've seen some cut the front lip off the rockers getting them to move backward. Moving backwards would also help line up the front clip too as seen in the attached picture. Before I go any further trimming I wanted to get yall's thoughts.

Also, could it be possible the rockers are backwards? As you know the rocker ends are different with one end having more slope and the other end being more square. Hope that makes sense? When I got the car as a roller from RCR the rockers were attached so the sloped end was at the front and the square end at the back.. Should the square end be at the front?

I can't remember the tire size but they don't look oversized.

Attached is a picture showing the tire hitting the rocker. There is also a mark on the rocker where the front clip rests on the rocker. Rocker needs to go back about 10-15mm.

The next picture shows the lower part of the rocker inserted into the chassis slot. I got this from Adam H's build thread. This works well and protects the lower portion of the rocker. You can also see in this picture the front lip on that rocker is up against the chassis sponson and can't go back any further which is my problem.

Thank you!
Louis
What is the dimension from the back of the rocker to the back of the chassis? (In front of the rear tire)

Louis

Supporter
Hi Adam,

If I remember correctly:
End of right rear rocker to chassis: ~45mm or more
End of left rear rocker to chassis: ~47mm (honestly can't remember)

From your thread they should be 52 - 54 mm. So the rockers on my car need to move back toward the rear tire..

Thanks!
Louis

Ron Earp

Admin
Might be applicable might not....my old RCR T70. Build thread somewhere on here.....

The car is shod with Hooiser race DOTs on 15" wheels though, 225 on the front 275s rear.

1578087925830.png

Louis

Supporter
Advice from Bill at RCR was to double-check my suspension alignment before cutting anymore on the rocker panels. Always wanted to make aluminum spacers to replace the shim washers anyway so I'm doing that. Before I took the suspension back down the wheelbase = 94.5" Close to 95 specified by RCR. This was with front suspension as far forward as possible with correct specifications and the rear set to correct specs.

Quick question. The rear upper control arm is set parallel to the cross member. The manual specifies 3 washers to clear the bolt heads. Is there an optimum number of washers for that upper control arm in the overall rear suspension setup? If I add two more washers and move the upper radius arm out that would get me closer to the 95" wheelbase. Just wondering.

Appreciate everyone's input.

Louis

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi Louis:)
Whats your rear caster angle?
I’m not familiar with RCR setup. I have 7deg caster on my rear uprights.
Hope you find a soluion.
Morten

Louis

Supporter
Hi All!

It's been a few years but I'm making slow progress on the MKII. I do have a question about the Center Scoop on the rear deck. Two of the attached pictures show the the scoop of the original P1015 at the Carroll Shelby Museum and mine labeled LW1015. Does anyone know why the scoop is clear? My first assumption is so the driver can see what's behind him from the rear view mirror. Does anyone know what that clear material is made of? I didn't have my friend ask while at the museum.

Much appreciation as always!
Louis

Attachments

• LW1015 Center Scoop Mockup.jpeg
    LW1015 Center Scoop Mockup.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 124
  • P1015 Center Scoop Height.jpeg
    P1015 Center Scoop Height.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 123
  • P1015 Center Scoop.jpeg
    P1015 Center Scoop.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 121