ls7 stats?

sounds easy, i know, but i need rather uncommon statistics about the ls7. one thing i want is exact measurements of the exterior since i have a page with measurments of an lsx-based truck motor, but nothing is really the same. another thing i need to know is what kind of kinetic energy it takes to propel each piston downward within the cylinders. or maybe someone knows the energy in the explosion of each firing with the correct air/fuel mix. i emailed gm about that, and their incompetent tech people haven't sent me anything back.

I think I have those engine dimensions in a press release some where.
Im curious as to the need to know that specific force figure?, GM probably dont know themselves, I have had to resort to some fairly drastic measure,s in the past to get some Offshore business,s to reply to my enquiries. E-mail is useless.

Jac Mac

Last edited:
LMAO:lol:

what kind of kinetic energy it takes to propel each piston downward within the cylinders. or maybe someone knows the energy in the explosion of each firing with the correct air/fuel mix.

is this with the brakes on at idle in first of a t56 and 4:11 final drive with 50" slicks.. or unloaded with a free spinning. The kinetic energy is a dynamic value.

Your question is incompetent to say the least. I wonder what GM thought... is this a Ford Engineer trying to design a new engine... LMAO

this may help you do you own calculations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energies_per_unit_mass

Last edited:
how dare you make fun of me. :D i despise fords anyway. well kinetic energy to propel the cylinders....well lets say worst case scenario: going from stopped all the way up to 7000rpm in first gear. that put on a good perspective?

:pepper:

westie

now your talking... lol

Well now do your homework.. Kinetics in Joules.. How much does the car weigh and does the engine have a specific impulse pressure ??? LIKE BMEP! your after!

have fun !

not quite sure of any of that information yet. i have no idea what everything will specifically weigh or what transmission is going in (probably a pantera zf, so i'll have to look at ratios to see what kind of resistance the engine will be getting).

maybe this is simpler to figure out. what is the air:fuel ratio of the ls7, and how much fuel is injected into each cylinder. if i could find info on at least the ratio or how much fuel is used at a certain rpm, i could do the math to figure it out.

Ok westie

you are cracking me up here

what is the total displacement of the LS7
divide this number by 8 cylinders
this gives you the displacement of each cylinder

what fuel mixture do you want ? as in Ratio of Fuel/Air
14:1 is about perfect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoichiometric_air_ratio
how many times does fuel get placed in the cylinder per crank revolution ? it is a 4 stroke engine...

I hope you can figure this rest out...
let us know if you need more help ???

questions

Westie

You maybe better asking what it is you are trying to arrive at than some of the bits in between.
Most of the time you can arrive at the same answer in a different way.

Just a thought.

what is it i'm arriving at? k well how much bloody hydrogen does the ls7 need to run? it's a case of kinetic energy needed to move each piston in, and how much hydrogen i need to generate that power through the synthesis of water. i was told that i need to figure the energy needed for the pistons, then i can ask someone who knows physics to calculate the amount of hydrogen to generate from there. it's basic elecrolysis to generate the gases, and i could easily build the cylinder to do it and just tune to the right amount of gas for my lumina, but since the ls7 has such a huge displacement, i'd rather get the mathematics out of the way before buying materials.

mm i was told to talk to people from gm about this and their projects on it (different engines however). i can't find anything about it. boomsmile

k well there's also using fuel ratios which i hope is accurate enough. if the fuel ratio for hydrogen is indeed 34:1 then the engine takes .2L hydrogen. well that number is nothing like what i had in my original calculations months ago.:eek:

Back