Massacre in Paris...

Keith

Thanks for posting that Nick. Michael Lerner echoes exactly my own personal disquiet at the ramifications of the Charlie Hebdo incident and the follow-on. It's across the media again today like a glorified reality show.

Hypocrisy has never been more fashionable...

Of course, like Michael Lerner, to voice these concerns in public today is to risk being condemned as a heretic, or worse.

Fortunately, I believe that 99% of human beings are well intentioned and I approach my life in that way, but I am increasingly frustrated at the steady drip drip of desensitisation that comes our way courtesy of the media...and the so-called freedom of the press....

(By the by, the guy on Fox News was beneath contempt. What an ass!)

Thanks for posting that Nick. Michael Lerner echoes exactly my own personal disquiet at the ramifications of the Charlie Hebdo incident and the follow-on. It's across the media again today like a glorified reality show.

Hypocrisy has never been more fashionable...

Of course, like Michael Lerner, to voice these concerns in public today is to risk being condemned as a heretic, or worse.

Fortunately, I believe that 99% of human beings are well intentioned and I approach my life in that way, but I am increasingly frustrated at the steady drip drip of desensitisation that comes our way courtesy of the media...and the so-called freedom of the press....

(By the by, the guy on Fox News was beneath contempt. What an ass!)

Well for what it's worth I think you and Michael Lerner both make very good points, group hug?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You can make an excellent argument for the idea that Islam has been hijacked by extremists. The real question here is when do rational Muslims take their religious community back? it's not like it's going to be a walk in the park. but whoever said that it has to happen from inside Islam is completely correct. It isn't going to occur from outside.

here is a bucket of cold water...and yes I'm off thread.

150112100150-2015-naias-ford-gt-620xa.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
This should be an easy one for our American friends - 1st Amendment and so forth. Freedom of speech with or without responsibility?

Exactly. :D

See? That was "easy". :smug:

Yes but which? With or without?

I was just messing with you, Keith! 'Figured you'd have spotted that instantly and posted something like "Smart a--" instead of "Yes but which? With or without?"! :laugh4:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I dunno, Pete. I be thinkin' MSRP will be somewhere at/near $400K (+ or - a few grand)...BUT, add to that the inevitable 'dealer premium' that'll be slapped on 'em on toppa that and God only knows what the total cost is gunna be.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Yeeeeeeeeeup. And one nasty barn burner it is, too.

'Guess they had to go with the V6 because of Le Mans 'class' considerations, or whatever, but, aside from the fact it's powered by a "6" and the fact there's no MANUAL tranny option - I really like the car.

(Edit: THREAD DRIFT much??? How'd we get from the massacre in Paris to discussing an automotive massacre in the making, if you will?)

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Back on track sort of, uproar over the Paris attacks, with politicians and celebrities marching,but over 2000 Nigerians were also killed by a terrorist attack and hardly a peep.
Just saying.

Keith

It has been quite exposed on TV. Amnesty International have presented 'before & after' satellite images that prove many villages have been razed to the ground and 'depopulated'.

For the mainstream media of course, it's only black people getting killed by other black people so it doesn't count.

It's difficult to know what to do about Northern Nigeria. The Africans should really sort it out themselves but they have a poor history. Again though, we shouldn't panic as it's not that they're actually much like us..

Loving the hypocrisy (and intellectual ignorance) of Procol Harem (sp?) who set about burning down Christian Churches in retaliation for the depiction of The Prophet on the front page of Charlie Hebdo re-launch.. The Charlie Hebdo who is as much anti Christian as you could get..

What a twisted world...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Actually it has been all over the news that I've seen. Pete, part of the problem is the habitual denial of anything going on by the Nigerian "government" (aka the resident kleptocrats and fucking incompetent idiot corps). If they would actually let news out we would know a lot more about the massacre in northern Nigeria. All the news that has come out has been from sources other than their so-called "Government".

What can you expect from a government in which the head of state's first name is Goodluck? Give me a fucking break. The Nigerian government is corrupt, completely venal and incompetent, and they have no armed forces worth a tin shit. This is why Boko Haram can parade around the country doing whatever the fuck they please. Confronted with a real military force, BH might find things a bit more difficult.

Back