Massacre in Paris...

Keith

And very well done , a very clear dont fuck with us message from the French . Our lot would still be writing up risk assessments and method statements.

That is completely untrue. UK security services (SAS) set the benchmark for these operations in 1980, from which the rest of the world took it's cue and it's training plus it only took 6 men, not 88,000.

The other significant thing from that particular operation (The Iranian Embassy Siege) was that no-one knew what was about to happen. The media was banned from showing the build-up. I do think that the glare of publicity from the recent Paris incidents was far too bright.

Keith

I don't know if anyone here will agree with this, but I see something of a parallel when I compare the brownshirts that supported Hitler and the radicalized criminals such as Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers. These guys were losers- they were thieves and thugs before they subscribed to radical Islam.

There might be a passing resemblance based on hatred & extreme violence against other beliefs and cultures but there any similarity ends. These guys (Paris) fight a largely anonymous dirty war in the shadows, but thankfully, they are ready and willing to die for their perversions. We can help with that.

In many ways, the Nazis were a far more sinister threat to civilisation and of course, still could be if we take our eyes off the prize.

That is completely untrue. UK security services (SAS) set the benchmark for these operations in 1980, from which the rest of the world took it's cue and it's training plus it only took 6 men, not 88,000.

The other significant thing from that particular operation (The Iranian Embassy Siege) was that no-one knew what was about to happen. The media was banned from showing the build-up. I do think that the glare of publicity from the recent Paris incidents was far too bright.

Its was a bit different to the embassy siege Keith , the terrorists were all in one place and were a sitting target. This lot were gone into the distance in a country twice the size of England. To track them down and have them bagged up the way they did was impressive. Our record for solving murder cases and finding murderers since 1980 is appalling despite advances in technology , lets face it these guys are just blatant murderers Unsolved Murders - Murder UK - List Of Unsolved Murders In England.

Bob

Charlie Farley

Supporter
If you both had read my earlier reply on this subject....
you would have noted 1941.
Just a trifle prior to both 1976 & 1977.
GSG 9 where guests at Hereford, on several occasions way before 1977.
My guess is they weren't they to swap stamps.
Anyway, there was a UK presence on the ground during the raid on
the airliner.
Just to set the record straight.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I work with a number of Muslims. They are decent folk. They are engaged in the practices of medicine and nursing. When they speak of events like the Charlie Hebdo murders, they are as appalled as anyone else...

...I will ask my friends at work what the reaction is in their religious community. And I'll post what I find out. I am interested to see what they say. In the past, they have been quite firmly against Muslim religious violence. One of my friends and her husband moved their entire family to the USA from Pakistan specifically because they wanted their kids to grow up here in a secular society. On the spectrum of Muslim ideology, they seem to be about where I am as a Reform Jew.

Don't lose sight of fact that Muslims are taught it's alright to LIE to 'infadels' to achieve an Isamic purpose. 'FACT.

I don't see any comments about the Muslim worker at the kosher supermarket.

'Proves what we already knew: they're not all UBLs. That worker is just like the Muslim who risked his butt to hide Marcus Luttrell. Neither story changes anything with regard to the realities we face in the overall Islamic terrorist situation though. :undecided:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Uh, what? You haven't been to India, or Nigeria, or many parts of Africa, or Lebanon?

Plenty of those religions (the nutters in them anyway) mix it up with others without any Muslims being involved.

Like I said above, even teh "tolerant" amongst us are running out of patience with Islam, and the change with Islam must come from within Islam itself. But Christians or Jews or Atheists painting the Muslim community in broad brush strokes only adds to the problem.

Think of it:

Hindus living with Jews = No Problem
Baha'is living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Atheists = No Problem
Sikhs living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Baha'is = No Problem
Christians living with Jews = No Problem
Jews living with Buddhists = No Problem
Shintos living with Atheists = No Problem
Buddhists living with Sikhs = No Problem
Baha'is living with Christians = No Problem
Buddhists living with Shintos = No Problem
Buddhists living with Hindus = No Problem
Hindus living with Christians = No Problem
Atheists living with Buddhists = No Problem
Confusians living with Hindus = No Problem
Atheists living with Confucians = No Problem

Muslims living with Jews = Problem
Muslims living with Sikhs = Problem
Muslims living with Hindus = Problem
Muslims living with Baha'is = Problem
Muslims living with Shintos = Problem
Muslims living with Atheists = Problem
Muslims living with Buddhists = Problem
Muslims living with Christians = Problem
MUSLIMS (SUNNI) LIVING WITH (SHIA) MUSLIMS = VERY BIG PROBLEM

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I think the fact that you can't spell infidel is pretty good evidence of the ignorance of this post.

Don't lose sight of fact that Muslims are taught it's alright to LIE to 'infadels' to achieve an Isamic purpose. 'FACT.

'Proves what we already knew: they're not all UBLs. That worker is just like the Muslim who risked his butt to hide Marcus Luttrell. Neither story changes anything with regard to the realities we face in the overall Islamic terrorist situation though. :undecided:

GSG 9 where guests at Hereford, on several occasions way before 1977.
My guess is they weren't they to swap stamps.
Anyway, there was a UK presence on the ground during the raid on
the airliner.

So what?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Marcus my dear boy,
They were there to learn.. and try out the fan dance.
brandenburg commandos, are you serious ?
Most were not even german..
At best they were a germanic version of the foreign legion,

As to the UK presence...perchance ' Advisor ' ?
Anyway, our crowd didn't come to you, the opposite was true.
Pah... enough of this free education.
But in the face of historical fact, its patently silly to continue.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't see any comments about the Muslim worker at the kosher supermarket. In one ear and out the other? What about the Muslim police officer who was killed by the Charlie Hebdo assassins?

Jim, I was not aware the worker at the Jewish Supermarket was Muslim, but if he was good on him and good on his Jewish boss for hiring him.
The killers of the Muslim police officer would not have known his religion, they would just have seen a uniform and a threat to eliminate.

Keith

Its was a bit different to the embassy siege Keith , the terrorists were all in one place and were a sitting target. This lot were gone into the distance in a country twice the size of England. To track them down and have them bagged up the way they did was impressive. Our record for solving murder cases and finding murderers since 1980 is appalling despite advances in technology , lets face it these guys are just blatant murderers Unsolved Murders - Murder UK - List Of Unsolved Murders In England.

Bob

Semantics. You'd best stop dissing your own countrymen and focus on the common enemy mate...

I would just add that the 'Flash Bang' (G60) device used in Paris last weekend was developed by the Royal Ordinance Factory to a specification devised by the SAS in the mid 1960's and now adopted by all major counter terrorist teams in the world. The tactic of 'shock & awe' to disorientate hostage takers using similar strategies was developed in Hereford. It's not a pissing contest but am not happy when people disrespect our security services in this manner. They have an excellent record at prevention and probably have more experience than most.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Show me a good one then Jeff.

Post a link to a Muslim protest of this event.

Better yet, post a link of an Imam condemning it publicly, like on MSNBC or CNN or NPR.

It's way past the time to call a spade a spade.

By the way how did the cool aid taste?

I just saw this. I've seen many condemn these attacks over the last few days. And I saw your link, which was to some op ed piece from a "radical" Islamist. Again, making my point that conflating the radicals with all of Islam is YOU drinking right wing nut job hate aid.

And this just in from today:

(CNN)Dignitaries and world leaders joined hundreds of thousands of people in Paris on Sunday in what government officials called a "unity rally" in defiance of a terrorism rampage that claimed 17 lives.

French President Francois Hollande was joined by other heads of state and dignitaries -- several who linked arms.

At the very front of the march was Dalil Boubakeur, the rector of the Great Mosque of Paris and president of the French Council of the Muslim Faith.

Though the march began at 3 p.m., the peaceful crowd swelled in size as night fell. One man in the crowd said the French people must not "give in to fear." Terrorists, he said, "will not win."

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I think the fact that you can't spell infidel is pretty good evidence of the ignorance of this post.

I've explained multiple times that I often don't SEE spelling errors or realize I'm making them until later on (dyslexia). Much like YOU seldom (if ever) notice when you spell 'the' "teh". But, do I (or anyone else) ever bring that up OR equate that with "ignorance" on YOUR part? Nope. See 3rd paragraph, your post #89 'this thread:
Like I said above, even teh "tolerant" amongst us are running out of patience with Islam...

I'm now evaluating whether or not to change my own policy in the above mentioned area where you're concerned...

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Time to calm it. This is 2015, a new year, and we are starting to behave like kids again.
I make plenety of speeling mistaks but I don't raelly kare. Its what each of us sez that cunts. Be nice to each other and I'm sure we will all get along a lot bitter than slapping each other down.

Back