Massacre in Paris...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Time to calm it. This is 2015, a new year, and we are starting to behave like kids again.
I make plenety of speeling mistaks but I don't raelly kare. Its what each of us sez that cunts. Be nice to each other and I'm sure we will all get along a lot bitter than slapping each other down.

Calling for moderation David, very un Wogg like :laugh:

Marcus my dear boy,
They were there to learn.. and try out the fan dance.
brandenburg commandos, are you serious ?
Most were not even german..
At best they were a germanic version of the foreign legion,

As to the UK presence...perchance ' Advisor ' ?
Anyway, our crowd didn't come to you, the opposite was true.
Pah... enough of this free education.
But in the face of historical fact, its patently silly to continue.

Charlie my dear old embittered German-hater,

you´re certainly the last one to teach history to anyone, even playing the race card when it comes to sussessful commando missions before the SAS had even been founded.

Yes, our crowd did come to you and of course they took advice (congratulations, feeling better now?)
Ironically though, this resulted in a successful raid at Mogadishu after all SAS´s suggestions for that raid were dismissed by the GSG 9. No wonder your guys (Major Alistair Morrison und Sergeant Barry Davies) were there to see how it would work out.

Now go back into your garden shed and throw darts at the German flag.

End of discussion from my side.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I'm going to point out that if our real enemies could see us chewing each other up, they'd be delighted at the spectacle.

Some of us are arguing about things that happened decades ago. This strikes me as pointless. The real problems are what happened last week- and what's going to happen next week. Or today.

I'm going to point out that if our real enemies could see us chewing each other up, they'd be delighted at the spectacle.

Some of us are arguing about things that happened decades ago. This strikes me as pointless. The real problems are what happened last week- and what's going to happen next week. Or today.

Exactly right, this isn't a "big weinie" contest, it's a clear and present danger that we all need to deal with.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I've explained multiple times that I often don't SEE spelling errors or realize I'm making them until later on (dyslexia). Much like YOU seldom (if ever) notice when you spell 'the' "teh". But, do I (or anyone else) ever bring that up OR equate that with "ignorance" on YOUR part? Nope. See 3rd paragraph, your post #89 'this thread:

I'm now evaluating whether or not to change my own policy in the above mentioned area where you're concerned...

I don't care about the spelling Larry. I care about the bigoted and uninformed posting on a message board about cars.

If you think the country is full of mosques where normal, everyday Muslims (I work with many too) go to worship have Imams who hate the US and tell them to lie to their coworkers, while shit, you're beyond help.

Just admit it. You view ALL Muslims as the enemy and want them ALL out of the country. That's really the bottom line for you right? You've said as much before, so just embrace it.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Exactly right, this isn't a "big weinie" contest, it's a clear and present danger that we all need to deal with.

Sure. And we need to remember that when we do "deal with it," we must be careful not to go all Joe McCarthy paranoid with witchhunts against atheists, or anarchists, or German immigrants or Japanese immigrants, or "Communists" or whoever.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I am sure Jeff as both you and Jimbo have stated there are many good Muslims who want just to live a peaceful life and be left alone to follow their religion.
I think it was Edmund Burke an Irishman who said something like " the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to remain silent".
Well evil is prevailing and its about time the good Muslims took charge and put an end to it. And I don't mean some token leader with spin and PR on his mind. I mean all the good grass roots followers of Islam have to come out in the Mosques and put a stop to the evil.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't care about the spelling Larry. I care about the bigoted and uninformed posting on a message board about cars.

If you think the country is full of mosques where normal, everyday Muslims (I work with many too) go to worship have Imams who hate the US and tell them to lie to their coworkers, while shit, you're beyond help.

Just admit it. You view ALL Muslims as the enemy and want them ALL out of the country. That's really the bottom line for you right? You've said as much before, so just embrace it.

Jeff, I really don't CARE what you "think". :annoyed:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Sure you do. You keep responding.

But come on now. Just tell it like it is. No need to be "PC.' You want all Muslims out of the US right? Safer that way right?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I am sure Jeff as both you and Jimbo have stated there are many good Muslims who want just to live a peaceful life and be left alone to follow their religion.
I think it was Edmund Burke an Irishman who said something like " the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to remain silent".
Well evil is prevailing and its about time the good Muslims took charge and put an end to it. And I don't mean some token leader with spin and PR on his mind. I mean all the good grass roots followers of Islam have to come out in the Mosques and put a stop to the evil.

Completely agree. The West can't fix Islam. Islam has to fix Islam and right now Pete, you are 100%. A few token leaders speaking out is not enough. Rank and file Islam has to resoundly reject this kind of stuff, just as we here in the West must soundly reject the hatred and bigotry of folks like Larry and Al.

You'd best stop dissing your own countrymen and focus on the common enemy mate...

Keef I am not "dissing" the SAS or M15 , M15 do an amazing job of tracking terrorists and when needed the SAS are second to none ,the job they did at the Iranian Embassy was brilliant. The SAS rescued all but one of the remaining hostages, and killed five of the six terrorists. The soldiers subsequently faced accusations that they unnecessarily killed two of the terrorists, but an inquest into the deaths eventually cleared the SAS of any wrongdoing. Can you imagine anyone accusing the French squad of "unnecessarily killing a terrorist" or even contemplating an inquest ?The remaining terrorist was prosecuted and got 27 years in a British prison at the tax payers expense. What really fucks me off is our security forces now have to run with the political boot laces tied firmly round both their ankles and answer to shit like this ,they should get a big very well deserved pat on the back and not have their operation scrutinsed by do gooding pen pushers. I know that if they are given their head they will be making a few errors along the way but what is worse? Considering the severity of the "threat" we are currently exposed to why have we not got an armed police/army presence on our streets where needed? Pound to a pinch of salt they will after something kicks off when its all too late.

Bob

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Completely agree. The West can't fix Islam. Islam has to fix Islam and right now Pete, you are 100%. A few token leaders speaking out is not enough. Rank and file Islam has to resoundly reject this kind of stuff, just as we here in the West must soundly reject the hatred and bigotry of folks like Larry and Al.

Hmmm, personally I don't think Larry or Al are haters or bigoted. I think they say what they think without being P.C. As we all should.
Just because they obviously have a different political viewpoint than you, as I have, is not a reason to always shitcan what they say. I think in this instance we have a common enemy and it is radical Islam. Putting shit on each other as Jim nicely pointed out is counter productive and makes our common enemy laugh at us.

Keith

The bloody politicians are still making speeches about "unity" and "fraternite" following last weekends debacle, when it strikes me they should be out there with a big stick beating the undergrowth.......

This might be a tad contentious, but what is with this Charlie Hebdo anyway. I mean, what are they about? What exactly do they achieve? (Apart from fulfilling a long running French tradition of lampooning everybody). To what end?

They've decided to relaunch with a cartoon of Mohammed on the cover. Apart from the obvious - why?

Just curious...

This should be an easy one for our American friends - 1st Amendment and so forth. Freedom of speech with or without responsibility?

Yes but which? With or without?

Keith,

You may find these interesting, the first is a bit long but I think worth the read. The second well what can I say.

Mourning the Parisian Journalists Yet Noticing the Hypocrisy | Rabbi Michael Lerner

According to Wikipedia Steven Emerson is an American journalist, author, and pundit on national security, terrorism, and Islamic extremism.
He is also the Executive Director of the Investigative Project on Terrorism (IPT), a data-gathering center on Islamist group.
Emerson frequently testifies before Congressional committees on al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations
Emerson has been referred to by The New York Times as "an expert on intelligence", and by the New York Post as "the nation's foremost journalistic expert on terrorism

Some FACTS from Mr Emerson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwq8Bwr9wUg

Back