MDA MkII series II chassis

Keith

Mark II eh? Way to go Steve, now THAT's what I'm talking about.....rockonsmile

Hope you're going to put in a proper FE family 7 litre job and not a stroked 351 Windsor.

Good luck and lets see pics of your progress...

:)

Yes Fran your right I am in contact with MDA waiting for their response,

cheers
Chris Melia.

Thanks for your posts.
I am still in that ...where do I start state.. just sorting through the boxes of stuf to get some plan in mind and get going.

The chassis is the new version of MDA's space frame, Mark made some amendments for me , slightly lowering the floor under the seat to give a little extra head room also fitting the LHD pedal box mounts so that I can make up an adjustable foot rest for the passenger. She complained that the view from under the dash was not up to much when I braked in the last 40 that I built.

The engine mounts are lowered and the yoke has been altered to accomodate a ZF 5sp gearbox, that I plan to use with a 347 stroker and Edelbrock fuel injection.

I will post a few photos

SteveB

Keith

I plan to use a 347 stroker and Edelbrock fuel injection.

Nooooooooo:yuck:

Bigblockbigblockbigblockbigblockbigblockbigblockbigblockbigblockbigblock:coolgleam:

Whatever you use, good luck and make it thunder! (like a MKII should):)

Hey Steve - Sounding like a nice setup. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? Great to hear the mods worked out for you, I just slid into my Mk I last weekend and I was pretty comfortable, way more than I thought I might be - the adjustable pedal box is a big bonus!

Post some pics when you can-

Cheers!

Chris

Hi guys

I don't want to rain on your parade but the MK11 rear on your new MDA is a direct copy taken from my MK11 rear clip that I personally made from scratch for the Goodwood Festival of speed 3 years ago. I was commissioned directly by Ford to produce this rear clip, I converted two GTD cars supplied by MDA plus one other from Simon Kelly.

I told Mark Sibley of MDA that I was prepared to sell to him at trade prices MK11 rear clips from my moulds that were authorised by Ford.

Unfortunately MDA has copied my work without my permission, I have written to Mark Sibley of MDA about this and offered him a licence to copy my work,
I am waiting his agreement to accept his responsibility to me and his customers over this issue.

I hope this can be resolved amicably.

regards

Chris Melia.

Its a shame to see an excited new GT owners first thread pissed on, maybe Mr. Melia and Hall should move their eagle-eyed identification to another forum and leave Steve's build thread intact?

It's an interesting discovery, Mark should chime in to present his side so we have the whole story. And just so you know - I haven't an ounce of involvement/knowledge with either Mr. Melia or MDA regarding this issue so asking me about it is a waste of time.

Sorry guys - I hadn't realized my mail was over the limit. Please try again and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Post away Steve-

Chris...
my observation was purely that...nothing sinister.

Quite the opposite....the more GT40's out there the merrier...means one less Cobra.....wink

Last edited:

Attachments

• goodwood l.jpg
    goodwood l.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,187
Last edited:
Steve, my suggestion and last post on this thread is for you to start yourself a new build thread and let the hand-bag swingers have at it.

Sorry, you'll find some people's agenda's are more important than anyone else's - this thread being a perfect example.

Happy guys?

Chris

Here are a few photos of the chassis, i wante to gain extra headroom, the photos show he rollbar and the floor mod. Hope these are of interest.

Regards

Steve B

Hey Steve- you've got the same "Mango orange" bushings like I have - cool!

Nice job on the chassis, it's not easy to make those kind of mods and still look so good.

Gald you're happy, send us more info as you go, the chassis looks sweet!

Cheers mate

Chris

Back