Mike S. SLC

Nice car, Mike. You are definitely going to be enjoying it!

Don't forget to drive it up to our local Cars & Coffee when the weather turns...:)

The car was ordered from RCR in March, car was picked up July, car was finished in December. Allan from CT. was commissioned for the build.

Absolutely stunning! Definitely let us know when you plan on showing it. I'll drive all the way from Williamsburg to see it!

A question that is often asked of someone with a car like this is,

"What will it do?"

The answer is usually something like, "Zero to 60 in 3.5 seconds," or something along those lines.

Heres what the SL-C does,

Any questions?

Attachments

• what a SL-C does.jpg
    what a SL-C does.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 485
Mike, fantastic looking car! :heart: It's going to be a “Rolling Car Show”; so I hope that you are prepared to add an hour to your gas fill-up time.

Best of luck and enjoy!

Jim

Mike it really looks good, great assembly on those tough areas it looks like in the pictures also. Well I had mine out this weekend with the warm temps here also. Bring it down to Florida and show that baby off at the 24 Hour in Daytona would love to see it.
Bob D

Mike, three questions regarding your mirrors:
  1. Are those stock mirrors that came with the RCR-SL-C kit?
  2. Isn't there a fender mount mirror option with a turn single?
  3. Do you find the location of your mirrors functionally useful and easy to use?

That is one tastefully done, beautiful car; :thumbsup: I can't stop looking at those pictures!

Jim

Jimer.

the mirrors are stock and one of two choices available with the kit.

The lower mount mirrors have led signals built in....

Thanks Fran. Are the mirrors listed in the SLC specs / Pricing sheet or did I miss that?

Order & check FedExed today via next day air, you should have it tomorrow A.M.

Jim

Jimer.

Hey all ... How is the rear visibility with the upper mounted mirrors when the race tail and stock wing are used? Can you see over or under the wing?

Jimer.

Both mirror options have LED turn signals in them. You can see them in the pictures in the Hippo Ears thread, and in earlier pics of the original (and still available) mirrors.

Mike, three questions regarding your mirrors:
  1. Are those stock mirrors that came with the RCR-SL-C kit?
  2. Isn't there a fender mount mirror option with a turn single?
  3. Do you find the location of your mirrors functionally useful and easy to use?

That is one tastefully done, beautiful car; :thumbsup: I can't stop looking at those pictures!

Jim

Fran answered the 1st two - I haven't driven in traffic yet but the mirror glass is fairly small so careful adjustment and use will be called for. I think a rear view camera may be in my future.

Fran answered the 1st two - I haven't driven in traffic yet but the mirror glass is fairly small so careful adjustment and use will be called for. I think a rear view camera may be in my future.

Mike, do you think that you would have better visibility if the mirrors were mounted on the fender?

The back-up camera is a great idea. I have one on my 1963/2006 Corvette ZO6 Coversion. Because of the split window design of the '63, it is impossible to see out the back window. The camera is tied into the NAV System and goes on when you put it in reverse. I plan on doing something similar on my SLC.

Here's a tip; if you do install a back-up camera, be sure to install some back-up lights at the same time. Unless you go with a infer-red camera (pretty pricey) it will be impossible see at night.

Thanks for the feed back!

Jim

Jim, I believe that I recall reading that the high mount mirrors will give better view over the race tail. I think the reasoning is that the fender mounted mirrors tend to line up at about the same height as the wing and the high window mount gets your image above the wing for better visibility. I kinda like the high mounts myself (I like the fender mounts too).
I will plan to do a full time rear camera in place of the rear view mirror rather than just a back-up camera.

Doc Todd

Mike, do you think that you would have better visibility if the mirrors were mounted on the fender?

The back-up camera is a great idea. I have one on my 1963/2006 Corvette ZO6 Coversion. Because of the split window design of the '63, it is impossible to see out the back window. The camera is tied into the NAV System and goes on when you put it in reverse. I plan on doing something similar on my SLC.

Here's a tip; if you do install a back-up camera, be sure to install some back-up lights at the same time. Unless you go with a infer-red camera (pretty pricey) it will be impossible see at night.
Thanks for the feed back!
Jim

Back