Mk2 nostril hinges

Kim Haun

Supporter
I have hinges that were take-offs from a New Superformance. I bought them thinking I would hinge my nostril but decided not to. Let me know if you're interested.

Kim Haun

Supporter
I have hinges that were take-offs from a New Superformance. I bought them thinking I would hinge my nostril but decided not to. Let me know if you're interested.
Photo...

Attachments

• IMG_3872.jpg
    IMG_3872.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 175

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
So, I went with the Triumph ones...Ground off some 3mm on one side and fitted them. Not really ideal with the hinged nostril, as it's now a real pain opening the front clip... I can always reglass the holes if the hinge setup doesn't really work..

20201229_165223.jpg

So, I went with the Triumph ones...Ground off some 3mm on one side and fitted them. Not really ideal with the hinged nostril, as it's now a real pain opening the front clip... I can always reglass the holes if the hinge setup doesn't really work..

View attachment 112249
Youve seen my previous post, I sm using the Truimph TR3 hinges, with 3mm wedge plates. Works perfect, no jamming, 1 finger needed to open it.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi, yes.. will bin the hinges and go back to the dzus fasteners. The idea of hinges was good, but not with the fiberglass nostril, and blanked off fuel cap resulting in having to lift the front clip to refuel... not practical. So I’m not bothering with too many details. Now its IVA time and details are not of any importance.

Back