My garage smells like RCR!

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
The scent of freshly ground fiberglass is in the air. For those of you that have visited RCR or a Corvette restoration shop you know what I'm talking about.

Here are a few shots of the delivery of my RCR-40 this morning (It left Fran's yesterday). With respect to the delivery itself, I was just amazed at the skill of the driver from Intercity Lines. Our street is 24 ft wide (a dead end) and his truck is 90 feet long. He did not disturb a single blade of grass in the process, yet it seems like every truck even 1/3 the size can't proceed without dropping a wheel or two into the grass while turning around.

Now to open the 50 or so boxes that came with it and figure out what everything is...

Last, but not least, I've got 4 totally sweet ;) Chevy S10 rims and tires that the car shipped with as the optional wheels I ordered from Fran are being delivered separately. These babies won't last long on ebay so keep your eyes open if you need a spare set for your RCR.

Attachments

• RCR-Delivery---1.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 977
  • RCR-Delivery---2.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---2.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 993
  • RCR-Delivery---3.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---3.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 937
  • RCR-Delivery---4.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---4.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 959
  • RCR-Delivery---5.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---5.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 953
  • RCR-Delivery---6.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---6.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 969
  • RCR-Delivery---7.jpg
    RCR-Delivery---7.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 912
Congratulations

I am happy to see that you have been able to get a GT40 after the RF fiasco. I must have ordered right after you. My car should be delivered in about 2 weeks.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Jonathan,

I'm sure you will love your car. It was the only RCR-40 I've seen in red gelcoat and it really looked mean at Fran's last week.

Be sure to have plenty of room for all of the parts when it arrives. Fran packs that thing like a TARDIS, so you need a lot more temporary room for storage than you think!

Best Regards,

Al

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS

Congrats on your delivery. From one RCR40 owner to another...welcome! You are about to embark on a great adventure.

Please tell us what your build plans are.

Cheers
Bill D
RCR40 #010

Ron Earp

Admin
Unfortunately, I knew what a TARDIS is - mis-spent youth and PBS on Saturday afternoon. I try to forget those days.....

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Don't even get me started! I think I just came up with a new stripe idea.

How embarassing is that? I wish I could say it was photoshop'd.

Ron, if you can't find your scarf, you can borrow mine.

Attachments

• Library - 7076.jpg
    Library - 7076.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 797

Ron Earp

Admin
Oh snap! Nope, I can say I never had one, Al has me on the geekdom factor in this regard! :bow: But I wouldn't have minding having one at the time....

Nice SVO wheels on the Capri, I miss my SVO....

When does the build thread start? I'll race ya, you've got a 4 week head start! :p

Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Al -

Congrats on the car! I need some rims for mine, can those S10 rims be shipped back to Fran? :D:D

Can't wait to see some progress on it, get those kids to work!

Sandy

Keith

And, we have 2 to choose from!boomsmile

Attachments

• leela.gif
    leela.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 588
  • leela.jpg
    leela.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 585
Back