My SL-Razor has arrived...

Death Valley, here I come!!!

P1010034.jpg

Two hours later...

P1010062.jpg

I turned off to Dante's View shortly after entering Death Valley National Park. Dante's View is directly above Badwater, the lowest point in the United States. This area is approximately 5400' above sea level.

P1010036.jpg

P1010037.jpg

In the distance is the snow covered peak of Mt Charleston (about 90 miles away). Mt Charleston is the mountain that dominates Las Vegas' western skyline.

P1010045.jpg

Heading down to Death Valley...

P1010048.jpg

At sea level...

P1010050.jpg

Self explanitory...

P1010058.jpg

And stopped just past Furnace Creek.

P1010052.jpg

P1010051.jpg

I can definitely feel the difference while at 5000' and above! It was 86 degrees at the gas station down there. And driving through the Blue Diamond pass (5600') it was 48 degrees.

I've ridden through DV multiple times with my motorcycle and don't notice any difference in power while "below sea level".

Great pictures....we are trying to plan a trip with the kids this year and stay in the USA...a trip through DV may be on the cards...

Thanks for the pictures...great to see you enjoying the car

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

The car is running at 100%! Or at least VERY close to it. Like I've reported on here before, I checked all the wiring I could for voltage and to make sure there were no kinked or cut wires. After talking to a guy from lnfforums, we concluded that since it's not a vacuum leak, the wires are fine, etc, he said that the most common issue with this engine is the MAP sensor. I unplugged it, took a look at it and inspected it the way he told me to. I plugged it back in and BAM!!!! Runs like a champ.

WHAAAAAT THE HECK DID I DO?????

So while it's running, I decide to fiddle with the connection. It runs like poop. I shut it off, unplug and replug it back in, and fire it up. She runs like a champ. I revved it a few times and it sounds just like the "stand alone lnf air boat" from YouTube. Im thinking, "okay, time for a test drive".

Zero to sixty???? No kidding??? EASY THREE SECONDS!!!!

Once again I topped off in fourth gear and shifted into fifth and it was climbing faster than almost anything I've ever been in.

So there you have it. Now I just need to figure out how to make that connection 100%. It went into limp mode once while testing. But just a simple unplug/replug and it was back to LUDICROUS SPEED (Spaceballs).

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
LUDICROUS SPEED indeed...
Best part is when the robot unscrews his belly button .... LOL

Did the robot's legs fall off?

I ask b/c I use to tease my kids when they would not settle down that I would get my screwdriver and unscrew their belly-button, and their legs would fall off.

Worked for a little while......

So, I'm just curious if my warnings had any basis in the comics!

PS---NOW you're getting to the bottom of the matter with your Razor, Justin. Congratulations, it's been a long road (not that that's a bad thing!!)....may there be many more long roads in your future, just the type that you'll be driving your Razor on!

Cheers!

Doug

I'll be attending Cars and Coffee Las Vegas this weekend (if the rain stays away...). So if you're in town, stop by and I'll give you the "RCR Razor Experience". Stay tuned for pics!

Since my car has been running MUCH better recently, I decided to take it to a local motorcycle riding event. Typically held on Thursdays, the 702Sportbike riders go through Red Rock Canyon, a 14 mile twisty, turny, Mecca for cyclists, runners, rock climbers, etc. The point to today's ride? To see how well the SLR really handles.

Well?

One of my friends is a semi pro rider who competes in the southwest region. In other words, he knows how to handle a sportbike (R6). He would out run me in the straights, but I smoked him in the corners. He was dragging his knees... I was only moderately working the car...

The Razor is, without a doubt, the best handling car I've ever driven.

So I went to Cars and Coffee today. All I can say is I was swamped with questions and compliments. People couldn't believe how much performance you can get for the price. For two hours straight, the car was surrounded by people-up to 20 people at one point.

"Nope. It's not an Atom. It's a Superlite Razor, built by Race Car Replicas out of Detroit. It weighs in at 1490 with 7 gallons of gas in the ten gallon cell. My 07 Corvette was like driving a barge compared to this thing. It is literally like holding a tie rod in each hand. And just press the gas and twist your butt to slide it. It's just THAT good."

I also went on talking about lap times at Spring Mountain as well as autocross domination. Overall, it gets more attention than the Audi R8 Spyder, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ferrari Testarossa, and R32 Skyline COMBINED!!!!! I got invited to the Porsche Club track day at SMMR. Im not sure if I'm going to make it or not since my other half's grandma has been sick. And I was also invited to two car shows that will be happening this spring. Should be fun.

Today was a great day. Lots of "superlitecars.com" advertising and lots of really impressed onlookers. Until next time... Happy motoring.

PS- There was about 200 cars there and around 2000 people viewing them. Busy day! And sorry. No pics. Too busy talking about the car.

PSS- There was a guy there "talking up" how the new Factory Five 818 will be faster, better, etc than the SLR. "And it can be built for under $15k!". Good luck with that... All of that...

Last edited:
PSS- There was a guy there "talking up" how the new Factory Five 818 will be faster, better, etc than the SLR. "And it can be built for under $15k!". Good luck with that... All of that...[/QUOTE]

Someone really is "dreaming"!

No more details until the prototype is unveiled....there are plenty of details on this forum already...
I want anyone really interested to see the car first and then just.. "have to have one ....."..then the real production process will start....only if there is enough real interest....just like the OEM's
Otherwise it will go on the back burner and may come back when the timing is better....
The new D type is looking superb and already has pre-orders...so its already a winner.

You will need your Mustang for a while as you will have to take a cross country drive to Michigan...

Back