Need throttle cable

I'm building a RCR GT 40 and I'm running a Holly Ultra dominator four barrel. I know that some of you guys have used Lokar for this application. Could you send me a part number or any information that might help.

Thanks much Vaughn

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
Dwight-- Thanks for the come back. I pulled up that link from Summit and I believe that will work. My main concern is getting the proper length. Like you suggested I don't want to have a lot of tight corners to cause problems.I never thought I'd get there but, I'm right at the point where I can light the candle on this thing so I want to get it right. Thanks for your help.

Vaughn

Vaughn,

I have a morse cable I didn't use for my GT40 that I will make you a great deal on. I found the lokar to have to much play in when I hit the gas. It would sort of "snake" up when tension was applied to the inner cable. Do a little research on the morse cables and let me know if you want to try mine. I'll never use it and I will give you a great deal!

Dean & Ron--Dean I sent you an e-mail regarding the Morris cable. Thanks for your help. Ron some time ago and I can't remember when I called you about a throttle cable thinking that I would blow through this build but due to health problems and other issues my timing was a little off. At that time you suggested using a Fiero throttle cable. I did that but since then better applications have come along so I put that on the back burner.I did look up Pegasus racing and check out their throttle cables. Thanks for the tip. By the way I still refer back to your build thread. You did a great job on that car hated to see you sell it.
I thought maybe you might be thinking about doing the Dean thing with the SLC. I'm actually tossing that idea around in my mind. But first I have to get this 40 On the road.
Thanks again for the suggestion.
Vaughn

Chuck

Supporter
Vaughn

I used a Lokar. Workers just fine. Of course make sure is properly secured at both ends as described in my book. Order information should be in the book / build blog as well. Same cable worked for both the Webers and the Holley. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Chuck-- Thanks for the info. I did refer to your build manual and ordered a 9 foot cable yesterday from Lokar. Your build manual has been a big help concerning different details of this build. Were hoping to have a start up by the end of next week. I'm really looking forward to that.
Thanks again

Back