Nekkid pics

A little preview of the fun. I think Fran has a LCR with a Suzi 1000 engine. FAST!
Correct me if I guessed wrong Fran.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wayQISW5tyw"]British F1 Sidecars - Round 2 Preview - Thruxton - YouTube[/ame]

I love following this sport, but have to wait for video to come up on the "tube".
Did a practice lap around Sonoma or whatever they call it these days back in 1972 in a BMW 500CC machine. Hang on to your cahones'

Last edited:
Got any spare Ex-superbike engines laying around Rob

Not in the garage, but if are serious tell me what you are looking for (in addition to the GSXR1000) and I will ask my neighbor as he races bikes and knows allow of teams and what is available.

I have a couple of spares GSXR1000 engines but exfactory superbike stuff is very trick internally/ECU tuning and they make stunning power....so doesn't hurt to ask...

I still have my old GSXR 1100, made incredible power stock. I can only imagine what a factory racer would be like to ride!:shocked2:

Sorry Fran, sold off all my 1000cc spare engines, except for one museum level OW01 750 superbike spec engine and it would be a bit wimpy in a rig like that. Only have complete bikes taking up valuable storage space, but one of those does make 200hp :helmet:

Yeehaa! have fun fruitcake.

Haha, regarding the 1100cc gsxr, a sponsor built a 'special' for magazine testing in an attempt to break the ''street legal'' NA speed record at the time. They did, 203 mph. We took that racing after, my god that thing had arm stretching torque. And an equally flimsy frame, the front wheel used to touch the radiator under heavy braking!

But. did I mention it was fast? OK Scary fast. but fast nonetheless :knife:

Last edited:
Where the wheels are Ron.

Fran, Howard,

OK, so I read the Wikipedia article. I'm sure it's overly simplified, but...It would seem that the only requirements are..3 wheels, tandem riders, motor (motorcycle derived) behind driver.

I asked the question because it would seem that the rules are fairly open, and I couldn't see why some sort of "out of the box" thinking couldn't be applied...ie the Nissan Hybrid

The rules are only open in an "open class" there are two classes that are raced, F1 and F2...
F1 being mid engined and 1000cc the F2 being front engine and 600cc...wheelbases, location of the sidecar wheel, width, length etc are all written in the rules

In the 70s and 80s there were many variations made that bent the loose rules back then and they were all eventually gently ushered out of town...

As with any real modern , and vintage actually ,racing there are many rules and regs that the viewing public don't see or hear about and they nearly always make the budgets required to go competitive racing unattainable for all but the best
funded teams....

Fran,

Sidecar racing is something I've never followed, so I'm completely clueless. Being the "monkey" looks like fun though. I'd do it.

Ron

Ron

Monkey looks like fun till the driver hits a double double (inside burm, inside burn) on the twisties and dumps the monkey on the track. Other than that it looks like fun...

Fran, Howard,

I asked the question because it would seem that the rules are fairly open, and I couldn't see why some sort of "out of the box" thinking couldn't be applied...ie the Nissan Hybrid

Sorry, just a side note. Such a shame that two AMR One chassis ended up like that...

Attachments

• AM-amr-one-3-625x389.jpg
    AM-amr-one-3-625x389.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 259
I will talk to him. He left on Wednesday for a race so might be back Sunday. Allot of factory support has been pulled as well as sponsorship, so there might be some stuff floating around.

Back