New Motor for RF GT40

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Well thought out approach to anserw what has been already reserched to death. You have the best reply so far.Congrats! It was not negitive like everybody elses. I never called him a name ...I just attacked his theory for what has already been done time and time again! Can anybody truly state that the information he will provide is not already known. Your shout alone proved that you know which box is best..You didn't need another person telling you somthing you already knew. You proved my case!!!

Regards

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ron! I can't say much but your just as guilty as me for negitve responses. You should bee banned for such a post! Should I start posting topics of what a ass you are and have people vote on it.
I think people enjoy what I have to say! Somtimes not but thats OK! We have a right to opions.
You are a true ass for making such a post! that is my opinion and you have my vote!
Does he even have a 40?
Regards

Ron Earp

Admin
Oliver, I respectively disagree with your position. You presence on the board has generated a large number of messages to me asking for your removal from the forum based the condescending tone of your posts and your general "know it all" attitude. However, I do not remove or ban people from the forum based on popular opinion. In fact, I've only banned a few people from the board ever, and that was based on their misconduct and violation of our forum rules. I will not ban you based on popular opinion or not knowing how to spell, but I will ban you if you constantly take threads off topic.

With respect to the comments regarding my choices and person:

*Yes, I am a scientist. Yes, I know what has been posted on this board, probably far better than you do if I may be so bold. But, you'll find that you are wrong in your assumption that everything there is to know is already known about the 016 transaxle. Few people have running cars with 016s, and even fewer track their cars with 016s. The vast majority of these that have been used in GT40s were used boxes from salvage yards with unknown histories (I know, I've supplied many members with 016s and even imported diesel 016s in from Europe for folks to use). While I agree that the 016 will not withstand numerous drag race standing starts, it is not known if the box will withstand road course duty or not. I intend to find this out, hence my choice to use it and my decision to use a new 016 box with a Quaife LSD - a good baseline to start with and typical of an enthusiast building or purchasing a RF GT40 today.

*Rob, the long block on my motor is certainly not cheap and is approximately the price you suggest. With induction and other necessary components to make a complete motor it'll be in the neighborhood of $18k-$22k I imagine. Not cheap to me, but I worked hard to choose good quality components and shopped around for favorable prices.

*Hershal, Tim, Rob, et al thanks for the support with respect to my character. I hope I can live up to it! Nobody on this forum owes me anything thus I do not have anyone "in my back pocket". I am perfectly capable of defending my actions and writings on this forum ,but I must say thanks for the support folks and I appreciate the civil behavior that 99% of us have on the forum. I certainly regard most of the fine folks on the board as friends and would help them out any time that I can.

In fact Oliver, if you enjoy the forum then give thanks to the folks with little waving flags by their names as their contributions allow this forum to exist for your use, absolutely free.

Now, if you have comments on my RF motor, the topic of this thread, then by all means carry on. But take the infighting and posts not related to the motor to another thread.

Best,
Ron

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Oliver, good grief - you are an extraordinarily rude person, and your attitude certainly devalues any "pearls of wisdom" that you may have deigned to bless us with here on the Forum.

I'd hate to meet you on the road - all aggression & shouting "But I am in the right" !

Yep, & you can be dead right.

Oliver, just go away - you are rude and boring.

Chris,
Here is the page that got left out, or whatever.I found it to be a pretty good article.
1684403Webcam1003.jpg

Oliver, I think you should get someone who regularly reads this forum that you know and respect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif (is there someone out there who knows more than you??) to read some of your posts and give you their honest opinion on your style, and demeanor. You come across as an abrasive know it all, bull in a china shop. Sort of reminds me of my son as a teenager when I expressed an idea or opinion on or about some sports figure. For so few post(most of them rants) you seem to have done a lot of research and reading on this forum(NOT!!). If you feel someones research is crap, keep it to yourself, and continue talking to yourself( I am sure you do a lot of that). There are a lot of members on this forum who don't post or search, but like to read the ideas and opinions of others. THEY can tell one's character just by reading, and yours just hangs out there for all to see.

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
Well thought out approach to anserw what has been already reserched to death. You have the best reply so far.Congrats! It was not negitive like everybody elses. I never called him a name ...I just attacked his theory for what has already been done time and time again! Can anybody truly state that the information he will provide is not already known. Your shout alone proved that you know which box is best..You didn't need another person telling you somthing you already knew. You proved my case!!!

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Oliver,

So far we have a ton of data that shows the Audi box can handle
regular street driving, and little data about how it handles
on the track.

We also know that any box that takes a rev to 4500 and drop
the clutch attitude will grenade - anecdotal evidence from
G50s, ZFs (the Pantera guys are awful hard on theirs), UN1s,
all come to the same conclusion - the boxes are strong enough
for street driving (some stronger than others), but all need some
beefing up and cooling added if pushed hard. And that equals
big bucks (especially when a stock ZF costs $5-$8K US and
needs another $4K US for machine work). In that regard, and
Audi strill might be more attractive ($300US + ? for Quaife
ATB, hardened gears, cooling ports drilled, etc.) - or even
RF's 6 speed Audi box. So, I would say nothing is conclusive
yet - if an Audi box can be built up for less than a stock
ZF, and handle more torque, then which box is better?

And, I am very disappointed - you claim that you were never going
to change your posting style, yet you edited your post and
claim you did not call Ron a name, and tried to hide the
fact that you did both (edit and name-calling). Oh well,
another high'n'mighty has fallen. Those who read your previously
unedited post know the truth, including yourself. Your actions
are those of a petulant child. Might be time to grow up some,
no?

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Meat............is that you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah Mark, Sean (Meat), although as abrasive as he was, did
his research and was not entirely unreasonable, and some
of his posts added a lot to the current knowledge base. His
info on SB100 stuff in California is worth the price of admission
alone.

Oliver is no Meat.

Ian

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Now boys don't get your panties in a bunch. Why humor this type of behavior? There is always a curmudgeon in the bunch.

There are those that can and those that do. Being one that does, I can attest that the 016 is not optimal but adequate. If I was spending Ron's money I'd go with a Ricardo 6sp. But then for that price I could have 50 016 boxes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Ron, that is one wicked motor!

[ QUOTE ]
However, I do not remove or ban people from the forum based on popular opinion. In fact, I've only banned a few people from the board ever, and that was based on their misconduct and violation of our forum rules. I will not ban you based on popular opinion or not knowing how to spell, but I will ban you if you constantly take threads off topic.

Best,
Ron

[/ QUOTE ]

'Kin 'ell. Dis forum gai ronny is a saynt. Tell yoo wot. Wen it comes to reerection tyme, I rekkon ronnie shood be pressident of the Combyned Staytes of UKSA, 'cos he tolerates trolls and noes abowt 016's woteffer dose is. More powers to yore elboes ronny geezer. Ifn yoo kood possibly anser 1 tinee kwestikon. @ow cum a troll 'as a gold star then? I ain't gotta flagg or a starr, and i wont 1. fanks.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Luv40,

Go HERE and rate yourself.

At the bottom there is a "rate this user" button. You can give yourself 1 through 5 stars. If you give me 5 stars, I'll give you 5 too.

allo cris. cos yoo been frendly i'vew give yoo 2 mor starz. i 'ardly know yoo and i fink we must begin our noo relashunship cool at th momento 'cos we doan wont peepul to talk do we. fanks for yor elp. i shall be wotchin yor behaf behof beahavyor over de necst week or so to see if you deserf more starz. yor noo mate Luv40. XXX

Ron Earp

Admin
Fellows, if you want to have private conversation then PMs or email is best. If you just want to rant and rave about something then take it to the Off Topics forum.

I had the same feeling you did about webers. Can't register with them so I modified my Injection to Hide as much as I could with Distributor and full sequential firing

Last edited:

Ron Earp

Admin
Mick,

Nice system on your car!

I have the same feeling about any indivdual runner system, webers or EFI. If the bores aren't large enough it'll choke the motor at high RPM. What size are the ones you are running? I assume you saw the other thread with peak hp and venturi (bore for EFI guys) size for a "weber" system?

Size is 50mm, portmatched manifold system is DC&O only mod was to the length of the fuel rails. Boss welded to tops of each rail to allow for distributor. Throttle bodies turnned 360 degrees injectors fire directly into the ports.
System runs high RPM horse power lower torque same gearbox as you intend on using, there is still plenty of torque. I can tell you it halls ass and is easy to drive.

Mick,
Where did you get those nifty screens on the trumpets.? also that turkey pan is great. Did you make that or can I buy one too from where you got yours....

Thanks,
Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back