New owner in Leicestershire UK

Hello All,

Just taken ownership of a very nice MKIII Replica, already asked a few questions about A/C and lots of advice offered, thank you and I look forward to having some fun in my new favourite toy!!

Ed

Hi,

It's the car in my profile picture. I'll take some more of the car myself and try and figure out how to upload them during the week.

regards,

Ed

A little more detail. it's a replica of the Von Karajan car completed about 5yrs ago. Car has only done 1350 miles so far but I hope to add to that once I've had it serviced and fettled. It's a very accurate and high quality build and the chap who had it built was obsessive about the detail. The car was built by John Arnold of Revival Motorsport, which just so happens to be a mile from where the car now lives! The car has more power than the original and runs a larger capacity 351 4V Cleveland which was built by Osselli Engineering. 435bhp, but I want to get a dyno run at some point to verify this.

I have a detailed spec sheet that explains how they did the job that I could scan and post if anyone wants more info. There are quite a lot of pics of the car on the net so I presume it's possibly known to some UK members.

Ed

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
The car has more power than the original and runs a larger capacity 351 4V Cleveland which was built by Osselli Engineering. 435bhp, but I want to get a dyno run at some point to verify this.

Welcome aboard. I'm a big fan of the 351c. Never seen one in a 40 and would like to see some pictures of the engine bay of your car. If you get a chance, please post.

Best,
Kelly

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome aboard. I'm a big fan of the 351c. Never seen one in a 40 and would like to see some pictures of the engine bay of your car. If you get a chance, please post.

Best,
Kelly

I'm a big fan of the 351-C, too, Kelly.

We have a member with an ERA which is 351-C powered....his name is Dave Wharran. His 351-C is stack EFI equipped, a great look!

Here's a link to his profile:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/members/davewharran.html

While I would prefer one with an original late 60's/early 70's style Boss 302, a 351-C would be my second choice.

Cheers from Doug!!

Thanks Doug, Kelly,

It's all new to me as I sold a Ferrari Mondial 500 rep for an Aston DB3-S replica last month, and then ended up doing a further deal to get the GT40. I love the car and intend to keep it at least until next year and see how I get on. If you want to see pics of the DB and Mondial I can provide my website details but don't want to break any forum rules etc.

This is a link to the photos from the previous owner if that helps give you guys an
overview of the car.

MobileMe Gallery

If anyone is local to me and would like to see the car I would welcome any help and advice. I am looking into getting A/C fitted and wouldn't mind some set up and service advice.

Just hope the Indian summer lasts and I can afford the fuel!!

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

That's a very authentic looking MKIII. Congrats on your purchase. Loads of really helpful guys on gt40s.com

:thumbsup:

Mark

Back