New Quaife transaxle available from FFR

Hey guys,

I haven't seen this discussed here, sorry if this is old news. Just received an email from FFR that they have developed/are working on a new transmission to replace the G50s that are normally used on the GTM.

From what I can tell they would sell you one even if you don't have a kit, just higher price. Seems like a great deal, even more so since you can use LSx clutch and starter.

FFR 26105 5 speed Transaxle with kit $7800 ea
FFR 26106 5 speed Transaxle without kit $8200 ea

Specs:

Torque Rating: 500 lb. ft
HP Rating*: 550 HP
Clutch used: 11” LS-X
Starter used:LS-X
Weight including bellhousing: 69kg (152lbs)

Transaxle1_small2.jpg

Read more about it here:

What's New

Hi,

I believe Chris Melia has posted a thread on a very similar Quaife transaxle being tested in a GT40.

My only concern is not with the quality of the transaxle but rather the terms/conditions for their sale as posted on the FFR site. First, recognize that you will have to pay in full and wait 3-6 months for delivery. Your $$$ will be put in Escrow, however there are no refunds on orders! FFR needs to preorder a certain number of units to make the deal happen so if not enough orders....what happens to your full payment? Hopefully that would not happen. So it seems the buyer is at risk and not FFR, since it appears that they won't fund tooling/manufacturing (their investment) until enough units are presold (hence the 3-6 month wait). I guess I worry too much...

Back