New Zealand Floods

My house is high on the property, so wind lashing, rain has washed our lime rock and stones of our road/raceways into the paddocks and one of our bridges on the farm has collapsed and washed into the creek due to increase in volumes of water.

So all good here for now but more rain still coming tonight.

Fingers crossed for everyone. its been calm here in Melbourne, so not sure if that's a good sign or not.
I have been thinking about coming across to Queenstown with the MTB, sounds like it might be a bit soggy for a while.
Will have to check the news.

As today marks the 70th anniversary of the devastating 1953 flood that hit the east coast of England, New Zealand is in my thoughts. I hope things don't get any worse.

Fingers crossed for everyone. its been calm here in Melbourne, so not sure if that's a good sign or not.
I have been thinking about coming across to Queenstown with the MTB, sounds like it might be a bit soggy for a while.
Will have to check the news.
Almost too dry in Q/town Ryan.

are you in Queenstown Jac?

I saw that we had some weather pushing up from Antarctica yesterday, which was hitting the south of Australia and then turning and heading off towards NZ. Looked like you lot were going to get it from both sides. incoming from the Pasific as well as from the south.

No, 100 + miles down the road. Temp here today just over 30 deg. Warnings of thunder storms in evenings, bot have not happened here yet.

Should add we are under total fire ban down this end of country, 180 deg from what folk in Auckland are dealing with.

sounds just like Melbourne. We can have 40° with fires before lunch, and then get thunder storms with flash flooding at 1201

Hmm got a txt from the neighbour....sounds like there is a slip on the back part of our property that i have not found on my walk around....i forgot to check that boundary as access is not great from our side

Back