Noise levels enforced at Silverstone.

Let's all get on that ferry to Spain. Have recently been to Guadix , as has RMA . No problems with noise , all the staff helpful and accomodating !! great weather, hotels and places to eat ... what are we waiting for !! ( am trying to twist Graham @ RMA's arm to organise a 40's track day @ Guadix for us..let me know if interested )

Went to Silverstone last Saturday with a Radical with full race silencer and didn't have any problems, but we did limit the revs to 9,500 which is 1000 rpm below max. Another Radical did have problems, however, but was given a chance to rectify matters. The noise regulations have definitely tightened up - due to a local protester who has got the local council involved apparently. Why is it that councils give a lot of attention to tiny minorities and totally ignore the needs of the great majority?

Anyway, the only measurement is drive-by, 102db I think, although a static test is voluntary if you want to get some idea of the noise output of your car before taking to the track. I would have thought that a GT40 that can achieve 105db static shouldn't have any problems at Silverstone. F1 cars are exempt from the noise regulations on their test days!

Chris

Pity the officialdom didnt take a leaf out of the French book!

I am told that noise regulation was introduced in 2007, the entire motorsport brigade said they were not coming out to play, the French then passed an amendment to review the noise levels again in 5 years - everyone is back out playing! - "Vivre la French" sorry my accent is rubbish but I am sure you know what I mean!

We did a hill climb at St Goueno in France last year, key benifits in France are long events, up to 20km in some cases, straight through pipes allowed (pardon encouraged), overtaking allowed (oh er!) definately worth considering for those competing, typically 100 euro entry for a two day event, excellent grub to boot (oh la la!)

Here is a video taken by a very kind competitor who's car went lame.

Video of GTD40 St Goueno 2007 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

MWGT40

Supporter
Guys

It would be great if you came out to Spain for a track day at Gaudix - count me in !! I have not been to a circuit over here yet with my car (given that it is kept in the UK) but the Spanish seem to be fairly relaxed about things like that.

Martin

Back