Old GTD Literature

Hope this is in the correct section,if not mods please move. While going thru a lot of old magazines and info from way back,i found an old GTD Literature packet i had rec'd from Hardy Motors,the info is dated April 28,1982.The contents are a color brochure,a reprint article from Autosport on the GTD 40,business card from Neil Hardy,letter about financing the kit,parts list for the MK 1 and MK 2, info and price lists and announcement of the Derek Daly Signature Series.Would anyone be interested in this? Not looking for a lot,just a few bucks toward my current project. No resonable offer refused.PM or [email protected]
Bill

Hi Bill,
I think you had better check the date on the literature. GTD as we know it did not exist in 82. The same guys were building cars but not 40`s. That was the year I first saw a 40 replica in "Alternative Cars" and it was the first KVA mk3. A one off build then which was later put into production. Apart from Safir I was not aware of any other manufacturers. The first GTD was a KVA built by the guys in Manchester. If memory serves it was 84. I saw its debut at Belle-Vue, Manchester. The inclusion of the mk2 makes me think it would be nearer to 92 maybe? Others with better memories are welcome to correct me on that.
Kev

Thanks for the reply, i'm at work now so i'll check this evening.I am sure the paperwork/letter has that date on it.If you'd like i could fax to you,not sure i have capablity to e-mail,will see if office girl can scan and e-mail to me then i can send to you.Could you PM me your e-mail.
Bill

Kev, you are probably very correct,i just got home and going over the lit,there is a reprint from Fast Ford in the packet dated June 1991.Also, the sheet that has ''Hardymotors Announces Derek Daly Series'' date is smudged,but more than likley 1992 instead of 1982.So, more than likley you are correct about the date of all the material.Sorry, i stand corrected.
Thanks for you help.
Bill

Back