One World Trade Centre

My Paddock Moderator Guy suggests I post this in General to maybe get a better response than when it was posted in the Paddock.

So here goes:

Hi Guys from across the pond, help needed - please

I had promised my family that I would take them to One WTC & to go to the Observatory (as I took them to the top of The Twin Towers when they were teenagers may years ago).

However there is very little data at any of the related websites on the topic.

One World Observatory Launches | Legends
This one states Spring 2015 BUT that is somewhat elastic

Does anyone out there have better/informed information as to a precise date and how to go about ensuring I meet the families expectations?

Thanks in advance.

Paul, They've had some major security issues at the building, two if I recall, one being a 16 year old who made his way to the top! Why not just try sneaking in....remember to wave to us when the cameras are rolling. :policeman:

Very thoughtful gesture though so I hope it works out for you and your family.

Nice one Jimmy, might have tried that in my yoof but a bit too responsible these days

Larry, yep 90% and all that but want to do the right things for the children ( and Grand Children!) and I know they want the whole 9 yards

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Then pull every string to which you have access and reschedule the trip for post-May! Come in June or July...just in case bureaucrats end up pushing the 'opening date' back a bit. (You know how THAT goes. 'Gotta out smart 'em!)

Paul, I deal with the NYC Parks Dept. The building is next door to the Memorial. I will call and try to find some info. You also have the Intrepid Museum down the street.

John

I was born in NYC, and have family who have lived there for years. Been to the Empire State many times. I highly recommend the obs deck, though it can be a long wait.

I was born in NYC, and have family who have lived there for years. Been to the Empire State many times. I highly recommend the obs deck, though it can be a long wait.

Hi Ian & Ben,
Thanks for the suggestions but I've taken the children (ha mid 30s!) to the Empire State & they have subsequently been there themselves. It is One WTC that is important to us now, as I said in my intro, we all have been up the Twin Towers & wish to return now that One WTC is finished.

Back