No Apologies for THIS....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
En route into London on the A40 there is a junction near Acton (at the North end of Askew Road) where there are teams of pregnant romanian females cleaning windscreens (well - just smearing them really). I was about five in the queue at the lights and the car in front of me was a chelsea tractor with all the windows wide open. Whilst the first female was smearing the screen another was waiting in front of my car and just before the lights went green she took a bag from the back seat of the Chelsea Tractor whilst the first was asking (begging) for more money than she was being given.
The second woman disappeared so quickly across to the central area I could not believe what was happening. I dialled 999 as I was driving but the Met Police said they could not do anything until a complaint was filed and I could not file a complaint as it wasn't my property.
I am telling you this to keep your windows fully closed at every junction or the Romanian women will snatch anything they can. They are popping up at more and more junctions in London and living (apparently) under the bridges on the Westway and around the Westfield Centre. They are jobless, pregnant, and becoming more and more unruly, insulting, spitting if you decline their so called service and standing on the white lines on a four lane road. Sooner or later there will be a dead pregnant romanian. These are clearly the Romany Pikey types.
I'm sure this will be one of many complaints about them in the next few years as they are starting to take over all the begging in the main towns.
Big Issue, big Issue. This guy here in Marlow has his mother in Bourne End begging outside the co-op and they live in a village near Reading. He drives a new beemer.
Big Issue ? Fuck off.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
PS. I'm English through and through. I was born south of Hadrians wall and even south of the River Tyne - which means I'm not even a Geordie. In the RAF we were obliged to wear the Union Flag on our overalls when away flying in other countries. Mine was a Velchro item (stuck on) and once airborne I replaced it with the Flag of St George.

Keith

PS. I'm English through and through. I was born south of Hadrians wall and even south of the River Tyne - which means I'm not even a Geordie. In the RAF we were obliged to wear the Union Flag on our overalls when away flying in other countries. Mine was a Velchro item (stuck on) and once airborne I replaced it with the Flag of St George.

You da man, Viking!
Välkommen!

Seriously, good for you David.

"Keeping your end up since 1947"

Long may it continue.

(Thread drift: Seeing Ozman on 11th in Lyme. You?)

Well said A.J. I bet you can sing.
Hmmmm - sounds like a Tom Jones reference.
Yes, sort of....I have made a few bucks in blues clubs and coffee houses doing solo stuff (w/guitar) and a few band gigs. A couple tunes on You Tube but I'm sure as hell not giving out the link !!!!! (recorded outside at a festival on a windy day with a cell phone by someone in the audience - just terrible quality). And no, the stage was not littered with women's undergarments.
Oddly enough, one of my Welsh ancestors, who came over on the 'boat' in the 1600's was actually named Thomas Jones..... real name, not like the recent crooner. My apologies for the thread drift.
A.J.

Keith

Yep - do it AJ - it's not as if anyone ELSE will watching is it? :quirk:

It's just be Pete and yourself - honest! :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I am going back into London this morning and I hope to find my camera and start taking photos of the Romanian windscreen smearers. I hope it will start a riot because they have to be stopped one way or another.

Keith

You never said that to me you bastard!

I did ask him but seems he's keener on repatriating Romanian Body Parts then a drive to God's Country.

I, on the other hand, taking this shite VERY seriously, have booked a room at the Royal Lion about 100 metres away from your posh pad.

I also enquired at your accom but they said the only disabled access room they has was 14 floors up via a vertical ladder and zip wire and was £18,000 per night without breakfast but if I went "Club Class" I could have some use of the lift which went 13 floors up to the roof ladder and A/C Maintenance access hatch.

Also regretfully, they said that the room was right next to the Dumb Waiter shaft which was being repaired on the night in question and there might be a little disturbance from Kango hammers, a bit of light explosive demolition work and the reforming of the stainless steel liner using an English Wheel.

I began to suspect that they were not too keen on persons of lesser physical abilities and proceeded else where - and there I am. DM has the details on an email which he can deal with if he wants. The idea is simple. NO PRESSURE ON DRIVING.

I only live 60 miles away but for David, it's possibly 150 and about 3 hours especially with a Romanian or two splattered across his Bonnet.

A demain!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry mate but as you are my guest, I thought you Pommie bastards knew that it was my shout! Morton however is so focused on destroying Nigerian / Romanian window smearers that he may have forgotten. Hopefully he has already forgotten about the Ashes result. I'm sure I will catch up with him somewhere .
Pickford where are you in relationship to Lyme! Maybe you could join us?

I am going back into London this morning and I hope to find my camera and start taking photos of the Romanian windscreen smearers. I hope it will start a riot because they have to be stopped one way or another.

Going off topic, again! Its a ME thing!

Where are the places to avoid if you wish to avoid these idiots smearing your windscreen and pouring sh!t all over your car?

I am 1000% anal about what is used to wash the Aston. If some tw4t threw shitty, dirty water all over it and then ran a rubber blade or stinking, grit-filled rag across it, I would probably get out and literally kill the mother F***er!

If I head down London way, should I have a ready made sign to hold up at each set of lights, saying F**K OFF, or I'll kill you. What's the chances they could read it?

Should I just be less anal about my paintwork? :shocked:

Last edited:
Hold the darn phone. I need to read through this thread. Are we having a meet? When?

Pete I don't care how far I am from Lyme. Do we mean Lyme Regis? That's easy for me, about 2 1/2 hrs at wifey speed, 1hr 45 minutes for me with a tail wind!

I could do with a night out and the car needs to have the mice blown out from the exhausts!

Last edited:

Keith

OK Royal Alexandra Hotel Lyme Regis midday Weds 11th Sept for Lunch and post prandial refreshments.

Followed by ancient traditional comatose horizontal mattress massage.

I have booked into the Royal Lion Hotel for the night which is quite cheap considering that I can still drive and operate my oxygen cylinder one handed and the loss of my left leg is no handicap for an automatic. :)

Rooms going fast though:

Royal Lion Hotel | Lyme Regis, Dorset | 17th Century Coaching Inn By The Sea

Expect to pay £150 B&B...

I am booking there because if I get squiffy, Pete can literally roll me out of his, down the hill into mine. It's taken me a week to find this place but obviously, as you are an extremely fit person you could even stay over in Scunthorpe and jog over to join us.

As for David, I wish I'd never mentioned the bloody Romanians!

Keith

Okily Dokily David and Mark. I have just spoken to Rachel at the hotel and she says if you want a room they got some availability. I have a Courtyard room because of the access but she say if you want a deal bolted on to mine (I got 33% off) to mention my name and RACHEL when booking.

I've booked a room and spent a week's pension for a reason - it's the only time I've been anywhere this year, a chance to catch up on some jolly swagman stories and most importantly, so I can share a beverage with you guys! I have met a few '40 types in the UK but we're buggered by this driving shit all the time so this time...... it's gonna be different..:thumbsup:

They don't let me out of the asylum often, either Keith. Should be a manic evening!

I am actually excited to meet you blokes! Look now! I am even starting to talk Australian!

Keith

Mark, calm down. This is a LUNCH appointment. There will be no activity in the evening except carrying on after LUNCH.

We should just be reaching the Taylors Special Reserve Port stage at Sunset when the Gin Pennant will fly. Sunset is around (20:02)

DINNER is for lightweights that have to work in TRADE during the day and anyway, I haven't got enough clothes for LUNCH & DINNER.

Other crucial statistics from this day follows:

Temp Range : Max 15C min 14C
Pressure: 1016 mbs
Humidity: 75%
Precip: 0.0mm
Cloud Cover: 24%
Sun: Intermittent
Wind: Due South @ 17.703 kmph

A Perfect Drinking Day Gentlemen.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
The Police and the Border Agency were there and the Roms were nowhere to be seen unless they were in the vans awaiting a holiday all expenses paid. Even if they are deported and given the £300 inducement, they are straight back to the UK so their children can be born here. Then they get loadsadosh instead of doing the windscreens on the a40. The coming three month period another 140,000 will arrive. Hloy Fkuc.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You 'blokes' crack me up! Oh, how I'd like to be a 'fly on the wall' during this affair!

('Anyone warned hotel security yet...or perhaps the local authorities...or, better yet, both?! :D)

:chug:

Back