Only in America

Found this on the web today.

:lurker:

1) Only in America could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.

2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black

3) Only in America could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.

4) Only in America can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.

5) Only in America would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.

6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."

7) Only in America could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.

8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes(Nike).

9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.

10) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.

11) Only in America can a man with no background, no qualification sand no experience ... and a complete failure at his job ... be reelected

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Scott,

It is up to you, but many of us have vowed not to start one sided, devisive political threads, they seem to only make folks angry.

You must know that there are plenty of out of context, one sided, miss leading rants against the right as well. I bet you do not want to see them.

Last edited:
Scott,

It is up to you, but many of us have vowed not to start one sided, devisive political threads, they seem to only make folks angry.

You must know that there are plenty of out of context, one sided, miss leading rants against the right as well. I bet you do not want to see them.

Mr Craik,

Really??? Commenting on not needing a drivers license is party slanted?? Commenting on media idiots is party slanted??? Commenting on $35k plate dinners is party slanted??? They all do it!!!!

He is pointing out how screwed up our country is.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Every point he made is 100% valid (especially #1, #5, #6, and #7...they b-u-r-n me to no end)...and, as danimal said, both parties had a hand in/are guilty of some or all of them.

Still, your point has merit, Jim.

Scott, I like you, but you are wrong. NOT ONLY IN AMERICA my friend! God save the Queen and please save the rest of us also!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ok Larry, you said "Every point he made is 100% valid" , here is just one of his points.

11) Only in America can a man with no background, no qualification sand no experience ... and a complete failure at his job ... be reelected

Larry at the time President Obama was re-elected his qualifications were US citizen, over 35 and he received the way more than half the electoral vote. Those are the required Qualifications!

Now just a few of notes from his resume:

He graduated Summa Cum Laude, from Harvard Law!
Head of the Harvard Law Review!
Two terms as an Illinois State Senator!
One term as a US Senator!
One term as a US President!
Re-elected in a landslide!
Over 15 years as an elected representitive!
Leader of the free world!
The Nobel Peace Prize!

Larry, would "a complete failure at his job", be re-elected in a landslide and receive a 57% approval rating (at the time of re-election AP poll)?

Larry, those are just a few of his qualifications, how about you search Reagan and BushII qualifications and list them, then we can compare!

Last edited:
Ok, so I like to stir up the pot every now and then.

:laugh:

Both sides of the isle are corrupt and I believe our republic is in peril.

I do however, have a "strict constructionist" view on our constitution and bill of rights.

I believe most folks here know that already.

Sorry to offend Jim, I do respect your opinion and love to read your posts!

Pat

Supporter
Just to be fair, compare apples to apples.

Presidential Job Approval Ratings – Historical Comparisons - Gallup.
February after reelection

George W. Bush 52% Feb 2005
Bill Clinton 59% Feb 1997
Ronald Reagan 60% Feb 1985
Richard Nixon 65% Feb 1973
Lyndon Johnson 69% Feb 1965
Dwight Eisenhower 72% Feb 1957

Average 54% 1938-2013

Barack Obama 52% Jan 27, 2013

We'll see how it turns out in 2016...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, would "a complete failure at his job", receive a 57% approval rating (at the time of re-election AP poll)?

Obviously YES - because he DID. Why/how? Clearly because we now have more career parasites than producers voting in this country.

I'm not going venture into the "what-about-Bush" arena, Jim. Been there, done that with you vs. gun control. You will nitpick, parse, nuance and spin any fact presented to you...e-n-d-l-e-s-s-l-y.

I will simply say this: You must r-e-a-l-l-y be a blinders wearing, tunnel visioned liberal if you believe Obama's "leadership" has been a success. In his 1st term he has set records in both the nat'l debt & deficit (thank you, Spendulus bill)...has caused the value of the U.S. dollar to tank...caused the nation's credit rating to be d-o-w-n-g-r-a-d-e-d for the 1st time in history...FIRED a private sector CEO!!! (G.M.)...IGNORED the legal rights of bond holders (G.M.)...CANCELLED private contracts (AIG)...CLOSED DOWN PRIVATE BUSINESSES (Pontiac & Oldsmobile factories and dealerships)!!!...failed to lower the unemployment rate from where it was when he took office (it's been 7.8% to 10.2% his whole term), created the highest number of people on welfare and food stamp rolls in the history of the nation...shoved the unsustainable Obamacare system down the country's throat (AND had to bribe his fellow libs to pass it [Corn Husker Kickback, Second Louisiana Purchase, union exemptions, etc., - ALL AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE]... pandered to special interests and political cronies and handed out big Government giveaways that enriched a few at the expense of the nation’s taxpayers [ACORN, Solyndra, etc.]...appointed NLRB posts UNCONSTITUTIONALLY...instigated the “Reset” with Russia that has compromised U.S. interests & values...lied like a rug about Benghazi...continues to simply watch Iran's march to 'the bomb'...and on, and on, and on. And now he wants to mess with our Second Amend rights...not to mention 'giving' 20 U.S. F-16s (and 200 tanks) to Egypt.

'Not much of a "success" from where I sit. But, you certainly have the right to enjoy whatever delusions you wish.

Now, for my part, I'm done here.

Last edited:
At least Obama didn't lie us into two wars which have now lasted 10 years... more than any other war we have been involuved in and borrow the money to do it. Also Bush left us with a huge debt... I never hear anyone talking about that.

At least Obama didn't lie us into two wars which have now lasted 10 years... more than any other war we have been involuved in and borrow the money to do it. Also Bush left us with a huge debt... I never hear anyone talking about that.

I think we are reminded of that pretty much every day. It is amazing how Bush fooled everyone to get us into those wars, including the democrats and our European allies. You would think that maybe France or Germany would have done their due diligence before entering as well.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

I think we are reminded of that pretty much every day. It is amazing how Bush fooled everyone to get us into those wars, including the democrats and our European allies. You would think that maybe France or Germany would have done their due diligence before entering as well.

Oh, puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze. Every international investigative committee that looked into the "Bush lied! BUSH LIED!!!" charges all came to the same conclusion: HE DIDN'T. They concluded that there were errors made in evaluating intelligence reports ON THE PART OF ALL CONCERNED AROUND THE WORLD, but no one L-I-E-D. That charge was THEN, and it is NOW, just a bunch of bull feathers.

You don't believe it? Then please tell me how Bush managed to get all those diverse intel outfits to toe HIS 'propaganda' line? How did he DO that? (Remember now, BUSH IS/WAS S-T-U-P-I-D.)

And as for Obama not "lying"...please tell me this: When he was Senator Obama, he said running up a huge nat'l debt and spending like drunken sailors on borrowed money was "unpatriotic". But, PRESIDENT Obama has made Bush look like a piker in those areas and is now telling us all of HIS debt/deficit spending is, in effect, NECESSARY. So, was he lying back THEN, or is he lying NOW?

Either way he's a hypocrite.

(He also said GITMO would be closed by (pick a date). TODAY it's been announced Obama's "GITMO-closing office" itself is being closed! He and his minions also told us for weeks that an anti-Muslim video caused the deaths in Benghazi when in fact we NOW KNOW that was pure B.S. and that the admin KNEW it was B.S. within hours! He also said the GOP was conducting a "War on Women" because they supported the "freedom of religion" clause in the constitution and therefore OPPOSED Obama's attempt to get the Catholic Church to fund birth control, etc., under Obamacare! Oh, no...Obama doesn't lie at all.)

I r-e-a-l-l-y need to walk away here...

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, you need a different news service!

Did Bush lie about Iraq?
The Senate Intelligence Committee's latest report provides another "scouring look at the Bush administration's incessant, irresponsible exaggeration of intelligence leading up to the Iraq war," said The Seattle Times.

By The Week Editorial Staff | June 9, 2008

What happened
The Senate Intelligence Committee, headed by Sen. John D. Rockefeller IV (D-W.Va.), issued a report late last week saying that the Bush administration deliberately disregarded conflicting intelligence and misled Americans on the severity of the Iraqi threat to justify invading Iraq. Missouri Senator Kit Bond, the committee’s ranking Republican on the committee, wrote a minority opinion accusing Democrats of trying to politicize bad intelligence on the part of the C.I.A. (Time.com)

What the commentators said
“The latest, scouring look at the Bush administration's incessant, irresponsible exaggeration of intelligence leading up to the Iraq war confirms the worst reports,” said The Seattle Times in an editorial. The Senate Intelligence Committee’s report provides the greatest detail to date of the “astonishing hubris” the White House exhibited in trumping up the case against Saddam Hussein, “not only misrepresenting intelligence that linked Saddam Hussein to al-Qaida, but leaving untold the uncertainty and dissension within the intelligence ranks over the evidence.”

Back