Opinions on an engine for sale?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Heads were re-worked (said to be ported and polished) and it appears that at least the intake ports were cleaned up. No mention of what camshaft was used, but it is a roller at any rate. The intake is a knock-off of the Edelbrock Performer RPM. Not necessarily a bad thing. Flat top pistons and these heads will likely put the compression ratio in the 10:1 range.
I built a similar engine not that long ago, but did not port the heads. With a 600 CFM Holley carburetor and an E303 camshaft (mild OEM performance cam), the engine pulled 306 HP.
More would be possible with the headwork, but how much more is unknown.

Can't tell you about the other things or the value of such an engine in your location.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I believe on a 1997 block you will have to run catalytic converters to achieve UK emissions and probably also need EFI

Ian

For a 97 block, you will certainly need EFI. You may get away without cats. But I don't think there is a way for a carb to pass emissions for a 97 engine.

So with that engine your probably looking at about another £2000 to £2500 to get it running, not including fuel system mods.

For a 97 block, you will certainly need EFI. You may get away without cats. But I don't think there is a way for a carb to pass emissions for a 97 engine.

So with that engine your probably looking at about another £2000 to £2500 to get it running, not including fuel system mods.

Ahh as I suspected, thanks everyone for saving my wallet :thumbsup:

To use a Carb you will probably need an engine block pre 1986. You might get away with pre 1992 depending on the Carb. If you find one pre 1975 your laughing.

Section 02B of the IVA manual I sent you.

Back