P2304

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is about what I thought it looked like on ride height. I am going to be about the same maybe a tad lower in the rear. If you start running into an issue where you want more ride height in the front, you might consider the TKO shocks and lift. I'll be posting pictures soon. It is a extremely nice setup and the guys at TKO are really great to work with. They have a black SPF GT40 in their shop. Your car looks great Jeff!

What size tires on the front?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I personally think these cars look so much better with a low ride height.

GT40-dark.jpg

Keith

More to the point Jeffery, what is the height from the road to the top of your roof?

If it is 39" maybe it is a little low :)

Thinking about that, has anyone ever measured it? Cannot recall anyone posting about it..

A rear view camera would help with parking and just see what is behind you. It was tight parking and with the GT parked sideways and narrow space you didn't have much room. Staggered parking maybe. I'm driving a new MKI without any mirrors for now and that's scary enough. Great low light shot.

A rear view camera would help with parking and just see what is behind you. It was tight parking and with the GT parked sideways and narrow space you didn't have much room. Staggered parking maybe. I'm driving a new MKI without any mirrors for now and that's scary enough. Great low light shot.

I'm actually ok with the rear view as is. When I was planning the car I was convinced I would do rear view cameras. Turns out I do not find them at all necessary. And, I'm happy not to clutter up my car with unnecessary technology.

One of the reasons for the slow parking is the turning radius :) I look out the door to check distance from the curb as that's a bit hard to judge. I suppose part of going slow is also about not making the other owners nervous... one thing I hate is a driver trying to show off his back up skills by zipping in next to mine. It's also about extending the show a little longer. The slower I go, the longer I get to listen to the musical note.

- Jeff

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Jeff:

Your car looks awfully familiar.... What injection system did you end up using? Enjoying the experience so far?

Dave

Attachments

• SPF Rear.JPG
    SPF Rear.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 303

john bach

GT40s Supporter
i have noticed heat coming into cabin in my SPF GT40 Mk2 P2116 through parking brake handle housing. does anyone have a solution? i have thought about going to my favorite upholsterer to make a sleeve i have designed to solve that problem. but if someone has already solved that problem i would be happy to hear of it. my GT40 is the best medicine i cold ever take.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think with coolant lines running down the tunnel, you are chasing your tail trying to eliminate heat. Stay out of stop and go traffic and install the helicopter vents.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
i have noticed heat coming into cabin in my SPF GT40 Mk2 P2116 through parking brake handle housing. does anyone have a solution? i have thought about going to my favorite upholsterer to make a sleeve i have designed to solve that problem. but if someone has already solved that problem i would be happy to hear of it. my GT40 is the best medicine i cold ever take.

Look here: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/29631-spf-gt-water-air-sealing-diy-thread-3.html

The heat intrusion via the park brake is not from the tunnel or the transfer tube, it is from the pressurized engine bay via the opening for the brake cables. Easy to fix.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mine is entirely sealed up where the cables enter the cab Rick and the tunnel after 30 mins of driving is completely heat soaked and nice and warm. I suppose if you don't have the cables sealed up it just compounds it but these cars are hot inside and heat soak the cab eventually no matter what you do.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Mine is entirely sealed up where the cables enter the cab Rick and the tunnel after 30 mins of driving is completely heat soaked and nice and warm. I suppose if you don't have the cables sealed up it just compounds it but these cars are hot inside and heat soak the cab eventually no matter what you do.

YEs Mike, you will get heat soak but he is talking about the "blast furnace" effect that the hot pressurized air causes being forced in the park brake tunnel. Warm is one thing, thermonuclear hot is another!

Back