P2304

Yes my blue car is Kevin's former car. Kevin took very good care of her but no worries, she is in good hands.

Both cars are on Avons. I'll let Jeff provide his details. Mine are Avon CR6-ZZ DOT tires. Front size is 215 60 R15. Rear size is 295 50 R15.

Jeff and I have been comparing the differences, such as the wipers, in detail. The driving dynamics are very different as well. Mainly due to the tire width difference. Shifting is noticeably different. Mine has a Quaife and Jeffs has a ZF. But in fairness, Jeffs shift cable seems to be a bit out of adjustment.

No doubt Jeffs car is beautiful. He really paid attention to the details during the build and it shows.

More comparisons to come as we only live 15 minutes apart!

Robert

Thank you for the compliments on my and Robert's cars. My tires are Avons - 12.5/27.0-15 rear and 9.5/25.0-15 front. No idea how to convert these measurements to metric. The rears are almost comically wide.

Both cars are singularly beautiful, but there is nothing like seeing two of them together. A mini paparazzi swarm was following us around taking videos with iPhones, etc. Sort of funny to watch the reactions as someone noticed the first one, then a "Holly sh-t, there's another one" reaction as they saw the second.

The wide Avons on my car vacuum up every piece of debris on the road and send it showing everywhere. They also tramline quite a bit with even the faintest of road rut. They are however a blast to drive and I think they look terrific.

- Jeff

The only thing better than cruising in a GT40 is watching another GT40 while cruising in a GT40 :)

- Jeff

Sigh... I have been avoiding coming to the site in case I saw the blue car again.. It is like seeing an old girlfriend and she looks better than ever.

What a great picture, both cars looks wonderful

Congrats Robert!

Hey Kevin,

Thanks! She does look good but she has been a bit of a high maintenance girlfriend since her arrival from CA. Per Jeff's recommendation, RM Motorsports helped me sort it out. It turned out to be a simple broken wire on the TPS.

You're welcome to come visit her anytime you are in the Ann Arbor area.

Keep in touch,
Robert

My car has been on the road for a little over a year now. What a fun year! I'd have to say that my "dialing in" phase was not as painful nor expensive as I expected. A few minor adjustments and nits along the way.

One thing that has thoroughly exceeded my expectations is support from Superformance. They've provided a significant amount of technical support as I worked through a few minor issues - always being able to point me to exactly what the likely problem was.

Warranty Claim process has also been incredible. I had a few things along the way that I thought should be handled by Superformance. My dealer (Todd Andrews) and Lance went above and beyond to make sure warranty issues were addressed and paid for. The last issue I had was a leaking AC fitting. Due to the seasons hear in Michigan, the final fix was not achieved until after the 12 month warranty period was technically over. I submitted my claim and Superformance came through with reimbursement without hassle and without hesitation.

I just wanted to take a moment here and thank Superformance for the help, assistance, and excellent customer service. Made my dialing in phase a pleasure.

Not to take anything away from those on the forum that have also provided me with some great insight and help! It's been a great first year!

- Jeff

11013259_10204612635655626_3945660386036338163_n.jpg

Very nice Jeff. The two cars side by side again shows the size difference but am I seeing things....does the GT have a Gurney Bubble?

Jimmy - the GT has some interesting touches. It was a hail damage car so the owner took the opportunity to play with it a bit. He added the Gurney bubble as you noticed. He also added authentic Ford lettering to the nose, changed from twin nostrils to one single, added Mk11 style periscope brake cooling intakes behind the rear glass. He was eying my bundle of snakes trying to figure out if he could rework his system to be similar.

Mike - I'm not sure what my ride height is. If you explain how to measure it, I'll get a reading. One thing I have not done yet is a full professional alignment. I plan to get that done in the next week or so. I'll know better after that. The fenders do indeed hug the tires, although I have had no rubbing issues. I'm also able to get over speed bumps in my neighborhood if I approach at an angle. Getting on my lift required me to fabricate custom ramps. Stock shocks - stock everything.

- Jeff

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Just measure off the bottom of the rocker to ground directly behind front tire and in front of rear tire. Looks low. I am doing the same to mine but with the TKO coil overs and a lift in the front that will allow me to raise it an inch and a half.

Jeff, interesting to read about the GT. Were you able to get other photos of the car. Sounds like the guy has some money to throw at his steed especially if he attempts the "bundle of snakes" look. I wouldn't mind seeing that and hearing it might be even better.

As for your posted video, what a lovely sound yours made and sorry about the guy following you out of the parking lot.....the 40 wins hands down in my book for both looks and sound. You've got a great looking and sounding car.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The best part of the video was at the 25sec mark where the gentleman laughed after the fart can NSX drove by

Thanks for the kind words and compliments - much appreciated. I too particularly like the stance of my car. Mirror style I borrowed from Mike also works for me - they mostly disappear, but are extremely functional.

Ride height is 3 3/16" front 3 5/8" rear as measured at the rockers - which I guess is about an inch lower than the recommendation in the owners manual. We'll see were I end up after some alignment work, but I do like the low look :)

For the times I push it a bit on the street (admittedly I am very tame) the suspension set up seems to work fairly well. Nice enough on the freeway - except for bad expansion joints in the pavement - those can get annoying. Bumps and minor pot holes are a bit jarring, but nothing more than I would expect. Given the slightest surface provocation, it will tramline in a way that requires one to be on one's toes and provide appropriate correction to not jump one way or the other 2-4ft. Rear inside tread wear indicates possible camber and/or toe in adjustments are needed.

The GT guy owns Dearborn Performance, a shop that specializes in GT parts. Nice unassuming guy. Really not bragging he told me he also has a black GT he has kept pristine stock. He seems to be just trying stuff on his red GT. I'll get a few more photos next time I see him.

- Jeff

Back