Palestinians are all about piece right?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?

"Morris Feinberg," he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."

"I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."

"I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults, and to love their fellow man."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a f-----g brick wall!"

Pete,

Just an observation, but maybe she should have encouraged him to have more faith in the power of prayer, and imagine how bad it may have been, if he hadn't prayed at all.

Regards

Last edited:
It wouldn't be so different even if everybody knew the true origin about the beginnings of these three faiths. Not arguing that the root isn't from out of this world, just planted here, altering a kind...

How all these problems are out of greed, power, ego... Politicians and people of power, makers of wars and all for profit, the worst kind.

War is a whore.

Yada yada yada. Intellectually, we are still in the middle ages, but with television and the interweb.

Keith,

Have to agree.

Sometimes it seems we can’t see the wood for the trees, and some can’t do right for doing wrong.

Prince Walid bin Talal of Saudi Arabia

"In 2001, he sought to donate $10 million to the victims of 9/11, but the money was refused by Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani because the prince had made critical comments about United States foreign policy. In his statement at the time, he said the United States “should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stand toward the Palestinian cause.”

His message was political and hence Giulianni was right to not accept it for the families, and I don't think the families would have accepted it. I think Al can quote with authority on this one.

Keith

Re: Palestinians are all about PEACE right?

This thread seems to go around in circles and everyone finds new ways to naysay the others seemingly on principal. I just don't understand how it is that this Prince guys comments re: USA re-examining it's policy regarding Palestinians is in anyway linked with the concept of "Blood Money" - i.e the "criminal" paying compensation to the victims, in other words, the extreme translation of which is that in some way he was admitting his part in the 9/11 thing?

That is an insulting association at best and an accusation of active terrorism at worst. Is this guy a terrorist by actions? Association? I don't know, never heard of him. Was it a cynical offer? Is he some kind of Bin Laden rep? Or was this perhaps a gesture of sympathy and conciliation or was Rudi just grandstanding here?

Just looking in from the outside, and considering what's been written here, I do not believe that there seems that much difference between the US hardline attitude (as vocally expressed here) towards Islam and anti US terrorist rhetoric from the Middle East.

Both sides won't talk. Check
Both sides see violence as the only way forward. Check
Both sides are entrenched with their own ideology. Check
Both sides 'grandstand' in order to get popular support. Check
Each side fears the other. Check

Sounds like a great opportunity for friendship to me...

I vote an end to this pointless thread. :blank:

And the Other One.

Last edited:

Just looking in from the outside, and considering what's been written here, I do not believe that there seems that much difference between the US hardline attitude (as vocally expressed here) towards Islam and anti US terrorist rhetoric from the Middle East.

And the Other One.

Keith.

Have to agree with all your points, particularly the ones above, and my wife agrees with your last point. apparently I should get of this thread, stop being obessed with it, get back to the real world, and take the dog (Abdullah Bin Uma) for a walk.

She has a point, you can always rely on family to bring you back to earth. I will promise to do my best to stop contributing to the continuance of both threads, and this time I mean it, I think.

Last edited:
Ditto

However I think this discussion has really helped us to trust each other, respect each other's arguments and build our own friendship (despite our extremely differing points of view).

Last edited:

Keith

This thread seems to go around in circles and everyone finds new ways to naysay the others seemingly on principal. I just don't understand how it is that this Prince guys comments re: USA re-examining it's policy regarding Palestinians is in anyway linked with the concept of "Blood Money" - i.e the "criminal" paying compensation to the victims, in other words, the extreme translation of which is that in some way he was admitting his part in the 9/11 thing?

That is an insulting association at best and an accusation of active terrorism at worst. Is this guy a terrorist by actions? Association? I don't know, never heard of him. Was it a cynical offer? Is he some kind of Bin Laden rep? Or was this perhaps a gesture of sympathy and conciliation or was Rudi just grandstanding here?

And the Other One.

Glad you all took it the right way. But, did you spot the hidden message in the modified thread title? :)

Back