PCV Air/Oil Separators

Just thought to post & show the results of the separator and what it grabs from your PCV line prior to entering your intake. One of those things that makes you wonder why the engine manufactures don't use them?

This collection was after about 500-600 miles.

Attachments

• IMG_6387.JPG
    IMG_6387.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6388.JPG
    IMG_6388.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_6389.JPG
    IMG_6389.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 254

Keith

I used to scavenge via a reed valve cut into exhaust collector.. drag race style... :)

That seems quite a bit of oil. Is there a baffle under the PCV valve in the rocker cover?

I agree this does look like a good amount...but I guess that depends on a lot of things. Is this 500 miles driven hard or street miles? Does the catch can fluid look more like oil or a higher percentage of blowby?

I was surprised how clean my intake was on the ls1 with 50k miles. From reading around I was expecting a mess.

It's mostly blowby - smells horrid. Street miles and the container is smaller than appears - the photo makes it look large. It's the LS376/Crate engine using the factory PCV system. I had this exact same unit on a prior GM 3800 SC motor and a LS6 CTS-V/Corvette engine. Same results. One correction though - I checked my mileage logs - more likely in the 850 to 925 miles range.

Back